cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring phone number

Hklively98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When trying to transfer my phone number from Telus it is coming up as please provide valid Canadian number but it is a valid Canadian number and currently in use. I do not want to get a new number. 

4 REPLIES 4

From what I understand transferring numbers between PM/Telus and Koodo can still go through on closed accounts as long as the account hasn't been deactivated for a long period, though not sure what the timeline involved is.  Perhaps one of the oracles can clarify as to what that might be.  I'm guessing no more than a week or so..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Hklively98 this error usually comes up when the number was requested for porting already.   Any chance you  this is your 2nd attempt and the first attempt encountered issues.

A workarounds is to pick a temporary number first, open ticket with PM support for further investigation and have them to help put in your porting requested 

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Hklively98   Coming from Telus, you should take a new temporary number and then ask for a port request afterwards, from a Customer Support Agent from PM.

Don't worry, you won't lose your phone number.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Your Telus account must be Active in order to port to PM. Double check to make sure it is.

Need Help? Let's chat.