cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring of Data and/or Add-on's to another existing Public account

rdlauscher
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, here is my dilemma.

I have 2 Public mobile accounts. Each with their own email address. 

1 account has 6+ GB of data available from promo's and add-on's, but I hardly use that number anymore.

The other account is used everyday for calls, SMS, and everything else, but has 400 MB of Data attached to it.(not enough data)

Is it possible to move some of that data I have stored in account #1 to account #2?

If so, How?

Also, when i try to downgrade account #1, it says I will lose all the accumulated totals of data and minutes.

If thats true, that sucks. People shouldnt lose their earned or accumulated data and minute totals just because they want to downgrade. At least they are downgrading and not outright leaving.

Anyway if anyone has any resolutions to either of those issues I'd be most grateful.

Kind Regards,

R.L.

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@rdlauscher 

You could just swap the SIM card from #1 to #2 phone then downgrade your plan to SIM #1 to $15 so you won't lose any rewards on the day of your renewal.

Or just upgrade or downgrade the plan for SIM #1 and #2.

@rdlauscher You're welcome. Any other questions don't hesitate to ask! Have a good day.

rdlauscher

oh right. I never even thought of that.  Thank you.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@rdlauscher If you decide to change a plan on one of your accounts make sure to select change at next renewal . This way you will be charged at your renewal date for new plan and it will start then. If you select change now. (Will say top up now if you don't have a balance to cover the new plan) you would be charged right away, new plan will start and you'd loose what you have left on current plan.

rdlauscher

Oh ok. That helps alot actually. Much appreciated.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@rdlauscher  It is not possible to transfer data/addons, etc from one account to another.

If you change plans you will not loose the one time add-ons on your account. Only ones where you can loose is for example if your signed up a new account with a special promotion like 6 months of extra data for a certain plan amount. Example l $35 and higher plans you got ab extra 2 gigs  every 30 days for 6 months. Then you switch to a $15 plan. You'd loose that type off add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.