cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number to public mobile

shashanka2394
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I transferred my old number from virgin mobile to public mobile. The change was instant, however only outgoing calls from my number are going through, I can’t receive any incoming calls! I suppose the port hasn’t been completed yet! Please help 

2 REPLIES 2

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@shashanka2394 wrote:

Hi,

I transferred my old number from virgin mobile to public mobile. The change was instant, however only outgoing calls from my number are going through, I can’t receive any incoming calls! I suppose the port hasn’t been completed yet! Please help 

@shashanka2394 ,

If rebooting your phone does not do anything, try a reset of your network settings.

If the port is stuck (did you activate 2 days ago?) contact Moderators to help with the port.

Can you insert your old SIM card to see if the calls/voicemails are going to that account?

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@shashanka2394 

this is normal.  Porting takes around 2 to 4 hours

Also, make sure you still have your Virgin SIM in a phone.  You will receive a text from Virgin to confirm you are leaving.  You need to reply YES within 90 mins

After you replied yes, you can then put your PM sim into the phone.  It might take another 30 to 90 mins for the port to fully completed.  Reboot your phone every 15 mins for an update to see if you are getting incoming calls

Need Help? Let's chat.