cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number to new sim card

gurdialgill49
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi group, 

Need help please. My old sim card stopped working on my phone. There is damage done on it which is why phone won't register. I bought a new sim and need to transfer old number to new sim. What is the process in doing so?

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@gurdialgill49 wrote:

Hi group, 

Need help please. My old sim card stopped working on my phone. There is damage done on it which is why phone won't register. I bought a new sim and need to transfer old number to new sim. What is the process in doing so?

@gurdialgill49  - 

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Is the damage to the sim card, to the phone and both. Test both the card and the phone if you have another one you can put your sim in and another sim to see if the phone works with no issue. If it is the sim the steps laid out for changing sim in self serve will get the job done for you

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@gurdialgill49 

You will have to use the email option for 2FA. Then enter the verification code and confirm and the swap is done. Insert the new SIM card in your phone and reboot.

If you cannot access the email for 2FA then your only other option is thru customer support to swap dim cards.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

First,  try old SIM in another device. 

Then,  if needs replacing,  use the email verification method to do the change SIM in self-serve

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.