cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number to another provider

lpanteluk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to transfer my pm number over to lucky without my old SIM card and my account with pm is deemed suspended because I didn’t put any more minutes on pm because I changed over to lucky…so I need pm to authorize the number transfer and lucky has already put request in

10 REPLIES 10

Definitely the way to go, did you throw out the PM sim? You may have to get a new one and use the change sim link in your account too 

@lpanteluk wrote:

Thank you so much! I never thought of doing that!!! Thank you 🙏!!!

self solution removed

@dabr wrote:

@HALIMACS   I agree that carriers shouldn't require that you pay full amount of a plan (even their cheapest) in order to simply port out your number, but don't agree with the charge back to CC suggestion either.  It would be nice if this sort of thing could be either done as a gesture of goodwill or at least for a nominal small fee of one dollar or two.

Truth be told, @dabr , I wondered whether I'd post that, but I decided to go ahead and do so.

The chargeback idea is just that, an idea. 

It's maybe not a 'best practice' for the masses to follow, but I am a firm believer that pre-paid mobile providers requiring a customer to inject a full cycle of payment just to port out is pure highway robbery, and we all know that Public Mobile knows this.

Yet, they continue to get away with it, and we all just take it on the chin.

It's time for Public Mobile to take a lead and make it easier for folks to port out when they are in suspended state - perhaps a $5 "administration fee" at most, but the full cycle payment has got to go.

@softech   Lol...I think it's easy to do if you're not familiar with how everything works around here and TBH it doesn't really matter that much.. 😁

@HALIMACS   I agree that carriers shouldn't require that you pay full amount of a plan (even their cheapest) in order to simply port out your number, but don't agree with the charge back to CC suggestion either.  It would be nice if this sort of thing could be either done as a gesture of goodwill or at least for a nominal small fee of one dollar or two.

@lpanteluk   if @dabr  has inspired you on this, maybe you should pick dabr's reply as the Accepted Solution?  We usually do not pick own post as the solution.:)

Here's another option, @lpanteluk 

The 'regulars' around here won't like this, but you could pay the $15, get the port done, then request a chargeback from your credit card provider.

PM (or any pre-paid provider in the same situation) shouldn't be bilking someone out of a full cycle payment just to port out to another provider.  It's a money-grab and unfair and they know it.

@lpanteluk    Remember you need to keep the PM SIM in your phone in order to authorize (YES) the transfer text you will get within 90 minutes of receiving it.  Good luck!

lpanteluk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much! I never thought of doing that!!! Thank you 🙏!!!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lpanteluk    If you were on plan that was higher than $15, you can change your plan to $15 as that is the cheapest one PM offers in order to facilitate porting out your number to the other carrier.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Your account needs to be active in order to do the number transfer.  So, top up the account, reactivate the service and make sure to accept the number transfer that you submit from the Lucky Mobile end.  Sorry to see you go.  

Need Help? Let's chat.