cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring land line - how long does it take? Do I need to call my landline provider?

Rebecca0509
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have activated my SIM and transferred a landline to my new PM SIM. However, I will can't text or receive calls. It's been 3 days, how long does this transfer typically take? Should I be calling my landline provider to confirm the transfer to my mobile?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Rebecca0509
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the reply - I called the land line provider and they actually didn't need me to initiate the port request - they said that they saw that the request was initiated by Public Mobile and would be processed the following day. 
All in all it took 5 business days to complete the port. I expect this varies with carriers.

Thank you for help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@0PX9O4 

yes at website the say 3 business day,

but sometime is take longer time from the process can take up to 3 to 7 business days..

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rebecca0509 

Yes. When transferring a landline you must call your landline provider and verbally authorize the port after verifying that you are the account holder. Call them and see if you can still authorize the port. You may have to reinitiate the port request if too much time has passed by either contacting customer support or calling the telus porting department. Once your landline provider releases your landline number to pm it will usually complete within two business days but can take up to 7 days+ in more unusual circumstances.

Call your provider. If you need to reinitiate the port request we will supply you with the info needed to do so. They may have a specific phone number for you to call so ask for it so you are completely prepared to have your landline ported without anymore hiccups.

@0PX9O4 wrote:

It should not have taken this long to complete the port.

@0PX9O4  yes, it can take 3 days and sometimes longer for landlines ports to complete. 

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous 

The following is from the link in your message: "When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days."

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Rebecca0509 wrote:

Hello,

I have activated my SIM and transferred a landline to my new PM SIM. However, I will can't text or receive calls. It's been 3 days, how long does this transfer typically take? Should I be calling my landline provider to confirm the transfer to my mobile?

Thanks.

@Rebecca0509  - perform these troubleshooting to see if you can obtain your texts, texts should nearly be immediate:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

Landline ports can take up to 7 days, but usually less.

Incoming calls are normally the last to port over. When incoming calls come to your Public Mobile SIM card then the port is likely complete.

Do not cancel your previous provider's account, it should close automatically when the port is done.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebecca0509 

the process can take up to 3 to 7 business days. You may experience mixed service during this process until the transfer is complete. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message.

review Transferring A Phone Number (publicmobile.ca)

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile
you will be very happy...with a Fabulous Service..

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rebecca0509 

I just private messaged you some info about a number you can call for help with this particular issue.

It should not have taken this long to complete the port.

Need Help? Let's chat.