cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred to Koodo, but Public Mobile is still charging me. Help!

kodybaker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I transferred from Public Mobile to Koodo on March 10th. 

I was just charged my 120 renewal charge by Public Mobile on April 26th. 

I can't login to my PubMob account obviously because it was transferred! 

Please admins, help me get my funds returned and ensure my account is indeed cancelled.

10 REPLIES 10

pmuser1990
It's rocket science because my money is stuck. Also, Amount Due: doesn't show the clear picture. Moderators can access to the real picture. Users don't even know why the account is suspended and how much balance is due.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pmuser1990 wrote:
The problem is Public Mobile offers no support (moderators hardly reply). Contact your credit card company to dispute charges and delete your saved credit card on file on Public Mobile website so they can stop charging you for future. I am also going through some difficulty and trying to get out of the Public Mobile plan.

That's absolutely false. The moderators do a phenomenal job, and respond to each request when they reach it in the queue. And they take a lot of crap at times when the problem is user error, not Public Mobile. I've needed moderator assistance twice. Both times it was an error on my part, and they graciously addressed it for me.

And why can't you get out of your Public Mobile plan? It's not rocket science .

GC 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

It's no biggie!! I'M glad that we were able to get to the root of it 🙂 @kodybaker

Cheers everyone!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

pmuser1990
The problem is Public Mobile offers no support (moderators hardly reply). Contact your credit card company to dispute charges and delete your saved credit card on file on Public Mobile website so they can stop charging you for future. I am also going through some difficulty and trying to get out of the Public Mobile plan.

kodybaker
Solution: My wife's account was using my credit card. #FacePalm. 😞

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @kodybaker

thank you for taking the time to write back to us !

I actually just saw your Twitter post and responded. First and foremost, I wanted to apologize for this inconvenience, I'll be looking into it right now and sending you a message.

Kind regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

kodybaker
Just thought I'd provide an update for the community. I continue to wait on the admins to refund my false charge in April. In the meantime, Public Mobile charged me AGAIN on July 26. Public Mobile owes me $248.64 and continues to charge my credit card for an account that has been moved to Koodo upon their request. Thanks, Telus!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@CS_Agent, this is likely caused by accounts being ported without auto pay removed.  Places do a check of closed accounts with this status and make sure customers won't be charged.  Thanks.

kodybaker
Thanks! Just sent them a message. Will update here how it goes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kodybaker, You will need to send a private message to the moderator team, so that they can look into this for you.  Include your account# or phone# and account PIN (if known).

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Please let us know the outcome.

Need Help? Let's chat.