cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred number from Fido, call/test out only

SL1221
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I processed a transfer phone number from Fido last nigh. After 24hours, the number is showing on both Fido and Public Mobile. With Public SIM, call/text out only, when I called the number the phone with Fido SIM rang. Call Fido more than half day, not solved. I was told to contact Public/Telus Porting Support Team. The number that gave to me does not work. I searched the contact # on Telus website, silent after the machine greeting. Both SIMs work for mobile data on their own plan. Anyone can help? Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

Just a note the solution while correct it does contain misinformation as according to the time of the post to telus porting department would have been open for almost another 2 hours as it closes at 7:00 p.m. pacific..

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Both of those numbers work one is telus and the one we give out now is koodo.

@hTideGnow- I don't know. I found that. Called it. Says Telus porting. This is Telus. I thought it was good.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@SL1221 

You can call either the Telus or the Koodo porting departments both handle public mobile porting issues. They are open till 7:00 p.m. pacific. Have your fido account number ready and make sure you reply YES to the porting authorization text within 90 minutes of receiving it. Your port should complete within a few minutes up to a maximum of 2 hours. But if your fido SIM card is still working after a half an hour call them back and check on the status of your port.

Welcome to public mobile!

BTW.... Unsolicited referral codes are against the rules they should not be used and instead be reported so as to prevent further spamming. But of course this is up to you. If you do need a referral code choose any community member that you like and send them a private message requesting their referral code they will be happy to oblige.

HI @dust2dust   I think they opened till 10pm on weekend as well

But isn't that PM porting team is a different one?  I have been sending people a different number

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@SL1221 wrote:

I processed a transfer phone number from Fido last nigh. After 24hours, the number is showing on both Fido and Public Mobile. With Public SIM, call/text out only, when I called the number the phone with Fido SIM rang. Call Fido more than half day, not solved. I was told to contact Public/Telus Porting Support Team. The number that gave to me does not work. I searched the contact # on Telus website, silent after the machine greeting. Both SIMs work for mobile data on their own plan. Anyone can help? Thanks!

@SL1221 hello the telus porting is probably closed right now but you can contact a customer service agent to help

1.  you can open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. alternatively you can private message them here                               

check your community envelope for a reply

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So you never got a text on the phone with the Fido sim in it?

Did you find this number:

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility-Services/Help-with-porting-my-number-from-Rogers/m-p/123686/high...

Not sure about the hours though.

Need Help? Let's chat.