cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering a number from Petro-Canada Mobilily

ElenaSt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Now when I get to the second page of number transfer it asks me to "Select Your Old Mobile Service Provider".

Petro-Canada Mobility is not on the list, can it be replaced by some other provider from the list?

10 REPLIES 10

@softech 

As mentioned, it's not my number so I didn't actually follow through on initiating the port, just the click on "continue" on page 1 made me nervous. Ztar is on the drop down list (right above SpeakOut) and would be the logical choice...

I know that this would fail, but I just didn't feel like messing with a number that is not mine, so didn't click on "Transfer your Phone Number".

Screenshot 2023-06-09 15.36.19.png

Before anybody mentions the alternate number in the screen shoot: it's a/the toll free number of that pizza place....

@wetcoaster  you tried Ztar then?

@softech wrote:

@ElenaSt   

but one thing, for Petro Canada, it is advised to first activated with a  temporary number . 

First check if your number can be ported into PM first:
https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Activate with a brand new phone number first.

After activation is completed, and you can make incoming/outgoing calls,  you can then request porting by logging into My Account, click Change Number and follow the steps there

There, you will not be asked what old carrier is.  Simply put  the IMEI  in the field: Equipment Serial Number.   (You can get the IMEI by just dialing *#06# on your phone) 

Do not use an account number and do not fill in the PIN for porting when coming from Petro-Canada Mobility.

@softech 

I just tried to port in my friend's emergency SpeakOut number on my laptop and indeed it was forcing me to choose my provider on page 2. (Obviously I didn't go through with the port, since it's not my number... I just happen to know that it is with SpeakOut.)

@hairbag1 Ztar is one of those resellers for Rogers.  It manages 7-11 Spearkout, good2go Mobile and Petro Canada

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

I see that 7-11 now got it's own provider tab... For PetroCan I'd go with Ztar Mobile (who runs both 7-11 and PetroCan)

From PetroCan's Fine Print tab:

Screenshot 2023-06-09 14.25.58.png

Edit: I should have known better! Sorry for the echo...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ElenaSt   

but one thing, for Petro Canada, it is advised to first activated with a  temporary number . 

First check if your number can be ported into PM first:
https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Activate with a brand new phone number first.

After activation is completed, and you can make incoming/outgoing calls,  you can then request porting by logging into My Account, click Change Number and follow the steps there

There, you will not be asked what old carrier is.  Simply put  the IMEI  in the field: Equipment Serial Number.   (You can get the IMEI by just dialing *#06# on your phone) 

Do not use an account number and do not fill in the PIN for porting when coming from Petro-Canada Mobility.

@softech 

@softech wrote:

@hairbag1  not Rogers, it's Ztar  🙂

Ztar is the company name but it uses the Rogers network then eh ?

@hairbag1  not Rogers, it's Ztar  🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ElenaSt   Petro Canada Mobile is handled by Ztar, please select Ztar from the list

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ElenaSt 

I think Petro Canada Mobility is a Rogers company...try that maybe.

Let us know if it works.

Need Help? Let's chat.