cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer phone number

alijahallen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I need to transfer my phone number from public mobile but I do not have my other phone anymore to accept any sms verification am I able to receive verification through an email 

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @alijahallen other than your sim card which you need, make sure your PM account is active.  Only active account can receive the porthing authorization text and you need to reply YES within 90 mins

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Number porting is done automatically and you have to follow porting steps to the letter.

There is no option to 'manually' port number.

Both accounts have to be active and old SIM in the working phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@alijahallen   No you cannot.  The sms approval is critical to avoid sim fraud

The ONLY exception to this is if you are porting into Koodo or Telus.  But if you are porting elsewhere, you need the SMS approval.  You need to get a new sim card, login to My Account and then Change sim card there to change to the new sim 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@alijahallen unless your phone number you are transfering is from Telus or Koodo, then you will need to have the previous provider's SIM card, or obtain another SIM card, or get verbal approval to port it over to public mobile.

No, you cannot get approval via email.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

EDIT, note your previous account must be active to port over to public (exception to this maybe if it is from Telus or Koodo though).

Need Help? Let's chat.