cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer number to another operator not permitted

MSU
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was trying to transfer the number to another operator. They made the transfer request but it was declined by Public Mobile. The guy said there is a pending transfer request that needs to be cleared. Any help?

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18

@MSU 

Interesting....so you gave them another opportunity? I can only suggest you be vigilant with your bill. Fido is notorious for their fraudulent billing practices. I ported the bf's phone number out of there after 18 months of hair pulling frustration trying to get just one bill that did not have unwarranted extra charges. If you have signed a contract you have 15 days to cancel penalty free and return any device and/or incentives given to you as long as you have not used more than 50% of your services.

Good luck I hope everything works out in the end.

Edit: Apologies I see you made a lucky escape from fido!  I need my cup of tea......

MSU

Yes, I tried last month but had to reject it since they could not offer what they said they will. That transfer request was apparently pending and blocked the new request two days ago.

@MSU   Thanks for the updated.

So, apparently you tried to make a transfer last month and yesterday as well?  Are you trying to port out on the same provider both times?  Also, you asked last month but you declined, so, you have been paying the other service for a full month already?

MSU

Good morning people. I was apparently able to solve the issue ysterday. 

I called that store where I was trying to transfer the operator last month (but had replied with a No to the transfer request sms). The transfer request was apparently pending at their end. They assured me that the request is now cleared from their end. I will know for sure next time I make the transfer.

Thank you all for your kind support,

@MSU 

PM is probably seeking "verbal" approval or in your case written approval.

MSU

I though the same, only I didn't receive that text yesterday.

@MSU 

Thank you....so number portability should not be an issue. I would imagine your reply of NO a month ago imposed an abundance of caution on pm's part when you made the request to port again and you contacting customer support is probably the impetus needed to clear the way for your port to be approved by pm. Have your pm sim card in your phone for the upcoming  PAT (porting authorization text)  to be sent out to you for your YES reply.

Enjoy your new service with virgin. Their virgin benefits program is a great bonus. I take advantage of their 15% off Marks discount frequently and it stacks nicely with the Marks $15 off $50 email coupon. Just be sure to apply your virgin discount first to maximize your savings.

MSU

Thanks so much!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MSU wrote:

Thanks, sent a private message and waiting for the reply.

Good plan... Just in case PM system is till remember your NO answer.

1.  Keep your active PM SIM card in your phone to receive the PM port confirmation sms.

2.  Ask Virgin to start port request again.

MSU

Thanks, sent a private message and waiting for the reply.

MSU

Interesting!

I have a Toronto number and I was trying to transfer to Virgin. Does that help?

Thanks! 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

is your account with PM still active?

did you made a request to port your PM account recently?

did you check with your new provider if they can port your number ?  some numbers cannot be ported .

@MSU 

The provider you want to port to does matter as they may not have exchanges in that region....like Shaw back east. If you gives us your location and the provider we may be able to identify the issue with transferability.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MSU 

if are you stuck with Transferring your Phone Number,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

MSU

As I said, I was trying to transfer FROM Public mobile, which I believe implies ''from Public Mobile" and active. And I thought the 'to operator' doesn't matter much.  

Thanks 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MSU 

so trying to transfer your number from Public Mobile. To which company !

and your Public Mobile number is Activated, or !

MSU

I received no sms, they said the request was blocked because if some pending request.

I actually tried to transfer about a month ago, then there was an sms but I had to reply with NO for some reasons.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MSU 

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your phone. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

Need Help? Let's chat.