cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer my number from other phone service to public, it's half working

aiden_young
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi Moderator, I recently transferred my phone number from another phone service provider - OOMA to PM. The public mobile system shows the number has already transferred to my public mobile phone account.
Now I can call out with my mobile phone to others, however, but others can't reach me by calling this number. 
Does anyone know the reason?

3 REPLIES 3

aiden_young
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@aiden_young 

Is OOMA a VOIP service?  If it is a VOIP service, it is treated as a landline, so the porting usually takes 1-2 days to complete.  Your port is in the process of being completed.  You should be able to call or text out, but unable to receive calls or texts until the port is completed.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@aiden_young 

Porting sometimes takes a little bit of time.

Try rebooting, and removing and replacing SIM card.

EDIT:  I should add, your chatting with other Community members here on this forum - we are all customers just like you.

To reach the moderators (if you can't resolve your issue here), there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.