cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer my account information to a new phone I just purchased

rickdesjardins1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to transfer all my account information to a new phone I just purchased I am a public mobile account member I also want to transfer my existing funds and unused funds to my new phone

4 REPLIES 4

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @rickdesjardins1 

Triple Punch SIM card fits most phones as it’s a Standard, Micro and Nano, simply remove the SIM card in the size that fits and insert it into your phone.

How To Change Your SIM Card

follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to your email, or via SMS to your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket.

1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@rickdesjardins1 

To put it another way, the Public Mobile 'account' is linked to the physical SIM card, not to the device.

When upgrading or replacing a device, one needs only remove the SIM card from the existing device and inserting it into the new device.  

If you need assistance with this, recommend taking both devices to a TELUS outlet (or other mobile outlet with friendly staff), and they will likely show you how to do this.  [NB -- if doing yourself, you may need a SIM extractor tool (basically, a pin), and SIM card adapters changed to fit a possible different SIM slot size on the new device] 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rickdesjardins1 

You only need to transfer your sim card from your old phone to your new phone. All of your account info is linked via the SIM card which communicates between your phone, the network and your account.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rickdesjardins1  very simple 😁 Simply take your sim card out of current phone and put it in your new phone. Turn it on and you're good to go. Sims are 3 punch so if it's a bigger sim and you need a nano SIM for new phone you should be able to gently push on sim card and it will pop out to the smaller size.

IMG_0974-2.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.