cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from Shaw to PM but as an authorized user

Kaze
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I am looking to transfer to PM from Shaw. My uncle is the account holder and I am the authorized user under him since then I was able to get the unlimited text/talk deal. I was wondering if it would be a problem for me to now transfer with my current phone number from shaw over to PM as just an authorized user.

9 REPLIES 9

@hairbag1 wrote:

@computergeek541 

I read it that the uncle is the actual account holder. Nephew is an authorized user of uncles account. (no mention of uncle wanting a PM account)

Nephew wants to know if that number can be transferred to PM now.

Not unless uncle is willing to let it go, I reckon.

I'm aware of that.  I incorrectly thought hat you were saying that the uncle already had a Public Mobile account and was wondering if you also hought that the OP wanted to have some type of family plan at Public.

@computergeek541 

I read it that the uncle is the actual account holder. Nephew is an authorized user of uncles account. (no mention of uncle wanting a PM account)

Nephew wants to know if that number can be transferred to PM now.

Not unless uncle is willing to let it go, I reckon.

@Kaze wrote:

Hello, I am looking to transfer to PM from Shaw. My uncle is the account holder and I am the authorized user under him since then I was able to get the unlimited text/talk deal. I was wondering if it would be a problem for me to now transfer with my current phone number from shaw over to PM as just an authorized user.

I don't anticipate that this would cause any problems, and that the procedure would be the same as it usually would.  The only difference would be that the Shaw account would remain open because there would still be a phone number active on the Shaw account.  You would of course need your uncle's permission to port the number out, though I'm certain that your uncle wouldn't have an issue with that as long as the correct phone number was ported out.

@hairbag1 wrote:

Sorry dude...you need to start your own account. Get a sim to start your own account. You'll need your own email address as well.

If uncle is keeping the number...you'll have to take a new number from a list when you activate your own new account.

I believe that both Kaze's phone number and the uncle's phone number are both at Shaw at the moment. 

@hTideGnow   Probably wouldn't affect OP's uncle as I'm guessing OP has one of those free calling/texting account that Shaw allows (upto six) for the primary account holder to have. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Kaze you should be able to transfer that number from your uncle account.  Just confirm with him if that would affect his bundle on Shaws 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kaze 

It depends on the type of your uncle's account.  If your uncle account is a business account, your need to switch to a personal account first before you can port your Shaw number to PM.

If your uncle's account is shared personal account, you can port your Shaw number to PM without any issue.  Make sure that to keep your Shaw SIM car in  your phone to receive port out confirmation test message from Shaw and reply YES before Shaw will release your number to PM.  Otherwise, your incoming calls and texts will continue to send to your Shaw account.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Sorry dude...you need to start your own account. Get a sim to start your own account. You'll need your own email address as well.

If uncle is keeping the number...you'll have to take a new number from a list when you activate your own new account.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

1. Get a referral code. 

2. Search for any deals or promos here

3. Get a SIM

4. Activate with a PM number. 

5. Ask a CSA what info is needed for the port OUT of Shaw. 

6. Click here.  

7. Make sure you have access to the SHAW information as required in # 6. 

Need Help? Let's chat.