cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from Fido to Public Mobile

Nicktheboss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I transferred my existing number from Fido to Public Mobile.

I can place calls and send SMS. My cell is iPhone 11.

My receiving calls go straight to Voice Mail.

I am not able to fix this issue. 

Appreciate any suggestions on how to fix it.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Nicktheboss

I was not able to transfer the number from Fido to Public Mobile. It was too complicated, as I lost my SIM card from Fido. I just closed the account with Fido and took a new number with Public Mobile. 

@Nicktheboss wrote:

And who is that PM porting team. How do I contact them?

HI @Nicktheboss   I sent you the number already

But you need to call Fido and get them to confirm if they will allow a verbal approval for the porting request or if you need to buy a replacement Fido sim card first.  once you get this confirmed, then you call PM porting team back

@Nicktheboss wrote:

Check email icon right corner of page.

Nicktheboss

@Nicktheboss 

You will also have to contact Fido to have them release your number since you cannot reply to the confirmation text to port your number out from them.

@Nicktheboss wrote:

I did not receive SMS from Fido.

I lost my Fido SIM card.

Hi @Nicktheboss  don't call porting team yet then

Call Fido and ask them if they can arrange a verbal approval or if you need to get a new sim 

once this is arranged with Fido, then call PM porting team to restart the porting request

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Nicktheboss   look like the porting was not completed.  Did Fido send you a text and did you reply YES

there is a number to call to Porting team , they will provide you the porting status.  I will message you the phone number.  Please check your inbox

Nicktheboss

I think this might be the solution.

Can you send me the number with clear instructions?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You can SMS/call out since you got temporary number from PM when signed up.

Did you follow porting process to the letter? Did you leave old SIM in a phone and replied Yes within 90 minutes?

If you did not or you damaged old SIM you will have to talk to Fido how to transfer number.

Nicktheboss

I did not receive SMS from Fido.

I lost my Fido SIM card.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Nicktheboss hi sounds like your port didn't complete,I will private message you the number to reinitiate port request 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nicktheboss- When you initiated the transfer, was your Fido account still active?  Did you reply to the SMS message from Fido asking you if you requested the number transfer?  Basically, the transfer has not been completed.

Need Help? Let's chat.