cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Koodo phone number to new Public account

Sheri1000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been trying to transfer my Koodo number to my new Public account which I activated this morning. I have submitted a ticket number with a request to chat with an agent

ticket number 248484-199

more than 2 hours ago and I still have not received a response. The message I received was that most tickets receive a response withing 30 minutes. Seems like a fairly easy issue to respond to.

• Does it usually take so long?
  • If this is going to be long drawn out process where I have to stay by my computer for hours upon hours to wait for the email to let me know that within 15 minutes I can respond to the live chat, I might choose to keep the new number instead, but I am concerned that the above ticket will cause grief.
10 REPLIES 10

Great point,  2 different avenues depending on if it's postpaid or prepaid

Which one are you @Sheri1000 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Sheri1000 

resend by private message CS_Agent  with ticket number.

@darlicious 

Good point! Good catch.

Thanks 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 

Unless it's koodo prepaid.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Sheri1000 

Normally porting is straight forward and will port over if all steps are done in precise order.

1- Activate SIM on your PC and use your Koodo account number but you can also use the phone IMEI. Complete all 4 pages of the activation page

2- Leave the Koodo SIM in your phone and wait for the text from Koodo confirming you are porting over to PM. There is a 90 minute window for you to reply. If you missed this window…porting will be aborted

3- Power off your phone once you confirmed to the text and swap the Koodo SIM with the PM SIM then power the phone back on.

Welcome to PM and your phone should work right away.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

Do dingbots text?

@darlicious wrote:

@Yummy 

Some customer support requests are selected for a live chat with an agent. I was selected the other day when I had to run or rather bike to the bank.....talk about bad timing?!! I was wondering why I was getting texts on my limited 50/50 plan?

Screenshot_20220813-135845_Messages~2.jpg

And you truly believe you are talking to a live hot blooded human??? And not some cold blooded slimy lizard bot?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sheri1000 

That is longer than usual. Have you checked your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA?

@Yummy 

Some customer support requests are selected for a live chat with an agent. I was selected the other day when I had to run or rather bike to the bank.....talk about bad timing?!! I was wondering why I was getting texts on my limited 50/50 plan?

Screenshot_20220813-135845_Messages~2.jpg

@Sheri1000 

I inquired on your behalf and this is the message I recieved.....

Hi there!

Chances are she has not submitted the ticket properly.

You can share this link to 

submit a new one: https://bit.ly/3JUziEx

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

There is no such thing as 'chat' with agent. You can talk to them through personal mail only. And as any mail, response an vary from minutes to hours.

Porting number from Koodo to PM should be straight forward both companies being under the same umbrella (owner).

Just be patient and hopefully agent will respond soon.

Their response time vary depending on number of people at work (weekend), number of request they handle, etc. From my experience from 15 min to 3 hours...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sheri1000 Yes, it can take over 2 hours, but not normally.

Go ahead and poke them if you like. Respond to the Sent message or reference your ticket number in a new one.

Need Help? Let's chat.