cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topping up phone with no access to account / SMS

NashwaR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I am out of Canada and let my Canadian SIM go dormant (stopped paying) since around mid March, 2023. I'd like to reactivate the phone now but can't log on to My Account because a 2FA sends a text message to my Canadian number, which isn't active. I clicked "resend code" but don't get an option to receive the 2FA authorisation by email.  

I created this burner account to get customer / community support because I'm locked out of that too.

Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 

It's still there as of 2 days ago as that's the last time I checked. I've been trying to co-ordinate setting up a referrals eversafe id as he's been out of minutes for a week now.....hoping I can get that done tomorrow? I'll update you.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

The 500 Mins Canadian Add-on is no longer showing on the main PM website. Can anyone confirm is this add-on is gone for good? I have yet to be success in setting up my login as I am apprehensive in following through given all the problems with Eversafe, so I cannot check this myself yet.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@NashwaR 

Use the phone # supplied by @dust2dust and purchase a voucher from muskbird.com to reactivate your account. They charge a 7.5% fee for credit card and PayPal transactions. Here's more info....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Online-Top-Up-Payments-Muskbird-com/td-p/...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you dial 1-855-4pu-blic? Buy a voucher online and dial that number.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NashwaR it sounds like this is a common new issue due to the website changes and hasn't been resolved yet.

If you need help with support submit a ticket to contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Need Help? Let's chat.