cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too much data and talk recorded as used

sdewit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan renewed 11 days ago and the Public Mobile site says that I have used 250 MB of data and 97 min of talk already (I only have the 250 MB/100 min plan). My phone keeps track of usage and according to it, I have only used 100 MB of data and less than 30 min of talk. How can I dispute this?

10 REPLIES 10

@sdewit   it is recommended that users go, incognito, or private tab, every time they login to the self serve site. It’s just too unpredictable otherwise.

@sdewit  Yay glad you got it all figured out 🙂

sdewit

Incognito mode worked! Thanks to everyone who suggested it 🙂

sdewit

I did check back to the day my plan reset this month. Thanks!

sdewit

The issue isn't how much data and minutes I have (the amount has been fine for me for years). The issue is how Public Mobile is recording it.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @sdewit   when you track the usage on the phone, did you make sure it starts from the same day has your current PM cycle?  PM has a 30 days cycle and the cycle start date will change, not always the same day of the month.  Most phone tracker only trackes monthly, so you have to reset the track the first day of every cycle

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

After you verify My Account. 

And actually need more. 

Reconsider a plan that offers more. 

Buy some add on minutes. 500 Canada Wide for $5. Add ons do not expire TIL used up. 

Buy some add data or dip into your freebie data if you have. 

Learn to control your data usage. Like leave it off all the time.  And turn on when needed and then back off. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sdewit 

It's very likely you are seeing a cached version of the self-serve page.

You also need to bear in mind that your device's data counter is likely basing it on calendar months and the talk history may show minutes & seconds used when public Mobile bills by the minute. 

Once you have opened an incognito tab and logged into the self-serve site, the information you see there after being refreshed IS accurate.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sdewit   very likely you were reading old cached page. 

Please login again using Incognito mode (or Private mode on Safari) and you should then see the proper usage.  And always use Incognito mode to avoid confusion

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@sdewit  

Try again  incognito mode/private mode or a different device or lap top or simply try refreshing the page when logged in

Handy1_0-1674581080291.png

For most up to date account info

Need Help? Let's chat.