cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today I referred a friend but did not receive a text confirmation.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Today I referred a friend but did not immediately receive a text confirmation as I have in the past but I can see the new number on my account. He set it up early AM today or very late last night. But just in checking I did recieve a text at exactly 9 am. Does PM hold back and send text at a “reasonable time”? So as to not wake you up etc?

33 REPLIES 33

Wow, pages and pages of posts on this. Many seemed unaware that if a new account with a referal is activated after some time (not certain of exact time) in the evening the "Congratulations" text is held until Noon Eastern to be sent which is 9AM Pacific. As @darlicious  said, nice to wake up to right at 9AM out here! 

AE_Collector

Kylie34
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes that's exactly what happens. Hope this helped!

@Jb456 wrote:

@darlicious  9am Pacific time is 12pm eastern time

@Jb456  I am aware of that fact...just thought @iPhoneUser would like to see an example of it in his time zone. Those 9 am texts always mean good news....its a nice alarm clock!

@darlicious  9am Pacific time is 12pm eastern time

@iPhoneUser  Unless its during the day I get all my referral notifications bang on 9:00 am pt.Screenshot_20200124-022118_Messages.jpg

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Perfect!! That is 9am PST!!!

So it appears they batch release the texts so everyone recieves them at a reasonable time. 

I wonder if they send any more in the day or batch them to the next day?

This is good. As compared to Telus who often texted at 7am...not good for the retired folks!!!

The exact timeframes for messages to be delayed are for activations that occur between the times mentioned here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Today-I-referred-a-friend-but-did-not-receive...

For actiations done with a referral code not between those hours, the text message for the referrer is received immediately.

iPhoneUser

Perfect!! That is 9am PST!!!

So it appears they batch release the texts so everyone recieves them at a reasonable time. 

I wonder if they send any more in the day or batch them to the next day?

This is good. As compared to Telus who often texted at 7am...not good for the retired folks!!!

@iPhoneUser wrote:

What time zone?

EST - Eastern Standard Time

iPhoneUser

What time zone?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

12PM EST.. received text from # 100.

Screenshot_20200123_120818.jpg

@computergeek541 wrote:

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Today I referred a friend but did not immediately receive a text confirmation as I have in the past but I can see the new number on my account. He set it up early AM today or very late last night. But just in checking I did recieve a text at exactly 9 am. Does PM hold back and send text at a “reasonable time”? So as to not wake you up etc?

@iPhoneUser Public Mobile does not immediately notify the referrer of a friend using the referral code during activation if the activation is done between 9pm Eastern (6pm Pacific) and 12pm Eastern (9am Pacific).  If a friend uses your referral code druing that timeframe, the text message about it is sent at 12pm Eastern (9am Pacific).  This has no effect on when you will receive the $1 reward. That part is always immediate (unless a glitch occurs).

Just adding some info if it helps anyone.

I sent someone my referral code a few hours ago (no idea what time they signed up)

as of 130am EST. I see a $1 refer credit in my rewards section. NO PARTIAL Phone number......(also they may have used my referral earlier and the credit may have been displaying in my account earlier BUT I only logged in at 130am.)

At this time 2am EST.....I ONLY see $1 in refer a friend credit section...NO last 4 numbers. No text message either of any sort.

Will reply later with any updates.

EDIT!! I FOUND LAST 4 DIGITS OF NUMBER SO I GUESS THAT PART IS INSTANT.

Will post the time I get the text message!.

@iPhoneUser wrote:

@iPhoneUser Public Mobile does not immediately notify the referrer of a friend using the referral code during activation if the activation is done between 9pm Eastern (6pm Pacific) and 12pm Eastern (9am Pacific).  If a friend uses your referral code druing that timeframe, the text message about it is sent at 12pm Eastern (9am Pacific).  This has no effect on when you will receive the $1 reward. That part is always immediate (unless a glitch occurs).

@Triguy wrote:

The $1 monthly reward should be on your account under the rewards section within 72 hours of the person you referred registering an account.

This is not correct. The $1 monthly reward shows up immediately in the referrer's account upon completed activation by the friend.

iPhoneUser

@krazykiwi wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Uh, Ok, that is not what I am asking. I have found the update of a new referral to be immediate text wise and account wise. I am also aware that PM publicizes that the referee will receive a $10 credit with in 72 hours (but is usually no longer than the next day). 

I was referring to the time when the referrer would be advised by text. 

It has been a while since I started up a new account.  I don't recall the referrer getting any text about referrals.  There is a welcome email sent out upon successful activation.  The $10 just shows up in the new account. 

I get the text being the referrer and just checked, I get them at 10:00 am MST everytime! No matter when the referral was done.

So I would say yes, they are sent out at an exact time the next day.

Now this is making sense. Kudos to PM for the timing of texts. 10 am MST IS 9 am PST. 

BTW why are your sentences riddled with “strike through”? Am I supposed to or not supposed to read?

@gblackma wrote:

@krazykiwi Your problem is that you wouldn't want such a text message either late at night or too early in the morning. The one friend that I referred, I got my message around 9am the next day. The activation was on boxing day. So, I suggest again that you contact a moderator and post the result here.

@krazykiwi wrote:

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Once again!

I am only asking about the timing of the texts. And am only asking those that have experienced the texts. YOU DO NOW RECIEVE A TEXT FOR A NEW REFERRAL AND WHEN  YOU  LOOSE A REFERRAL. PM is good!

As I mentioned earlier in my corrected post that the times are random, coming in usually shortly after the referral account is set up. 

I do not have a problem, I think you meant to direct this post  @iPhoneUser?

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If the referral was received at 9am, that would signify the start of the business day, whichever time zone you may be in. This is the likely time when these texts are sent out.

@iPhoneUser  I usually get the text as soon as someone uses my refferal code but lately it will come at 12pm est if it was for during the night. On my android phone it will say what time they sent the text  but I always receive it at noon

@krazykiwi Your problem is that you wouldn't want such a text message either late at night or too early in the morning. The one friend that I referred, I got my message around 9am the next day. The activation was on boxing day. So, I suggest again that you contact a moderator and post the result here.

@krazykiwi wrote:

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Once again!

I am only asking about the timing of the texts. And am only asking those that have experienced the texts. YOU DO NOW RECIEVE A TEXT FOR A NEW REFERRAL AND WHEN  YOU  LOOSE A REFERRAL. PM is good!

As I mentioned earlier in my corrected post that the times are random, coming in usually shortly after the referral account is set up. 

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Once again!

iPhoneUser

Once again!

@gblackma wrote:

@iPhoneUser good question. One would hope that is the case. Please contact a moderator and ask them. And post their answer here. Other inquiring minds would like to know. Thanks.

@iPhoneUser wrote:

@gblackma hardly a moderator issue; @iPhoneUser is not concern about getting the credit only the timing of the confirmation SMS. A myriad of issues can affect that.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@iPhoneUser Well it has happened that this text doesn't get sent.

It wouldn't be the first time.

If you see the last 4 digits of their phone number added to your referral list, it's good enough.

iPhoneUser

@LovesToPM wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Uh, Ok, that is not what I am asking. I have found the update of a new referral to be immediate text wise and account wise. I am also aware that PM publicizes that the referee will receive a $10 credit with in 72 hours (but is usually no longer than the next day). 

It has been a while since I started up a new account.  I don't recall the referrer getting any text about referrals.  There is a welcome email sent out upon successful activation.  The $10 just shows up in the new account. 

I get the text being the referrer and just checked, I get them at 10:00 am MST everytime! No matter when the referral was done.

Are you sure you are looking at the referral notification texts?

Or is that the "Congrats! Rewards have been applied to your account..." renewal notification which are almost always sent out at 12 PM EST (aka 10 AM MST).

Basically the "Thanks for referring your friend to Public Mobile" notification can be sent at any time. Generally this text advises you that a credit has been applied to you, the referrer's

account. However since there is no referral credit for referrer's atm, it could be that this text is not being sent.

Hi. This is what is texted. At the end of the text there is a URL to take you to log into your account to view the new number. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 11.10.00 AM.png

@LovesToPM wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Or is that the "Congrats! Rewards have been applied to your account..." renewal notification which are almost always sent out at 12 PM EST (aka 10 AM MST).

You are correct, they both come through on the same number. I was looking at the time under not above the message. The referal notice comes through at random times.

@krazykiwi wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Basically the "Thanks for referring your friend to Public Mobile" notification can be sent at any time. Generally this text advises you that a credit has been applied to you, the referrer's

account. However since there is no referral credit for referrer's atm, it could be that this text is not being sent.

@will13am wrote:

@iPhoneUser wrote:

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Based on past experience, it either happens immediately or you should receive the text by 2PM EST next day. Ça marche?

iPhoneUser

@iPhoneUser wrote:

There is no set established time that I know of.

Based on past experience, you should receive the text by 2PM EST (so within the next 45 minutes).

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.