cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is a joke , and quite frankly , theft.

Danimal35
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So now today I've gone from SLOW data to NO data,,,, What is happening here ??  I still have not heard from a service Tech or anyone..,.    You have my money and i have no service ,  THIS IS THEFT ,, I EXPECT A REFUND. NOW.  This has been ongoing for days now attempting to get any sort of help out of this joke of a company.  Wow, just wow. 

20 REPLIES 20

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Do you have a phone number associated with your services account? Most people do even if they don't have a landline you may even be able to find it on your online account. Call in as you normally would and when you're calling after hours you're only going to be able to be able to connect with the technical department. Then just follow the prompts to get a mobility tech instead of internet or TV. Verify through your other home services account number but talk to a mobility tech. There's still the same people you would talk to you that concerning your public mobile account you just contacting them rather than waiting for them to contact you. I mean really now that I think of it they should be giving you a phone number to be able to call them anyways.

@darlicious- Bellus can not call in to my device. Earlier on with the tech, he somehow did call in. Even more mysteriously, he had a colleague that was allegedly with Public and also called in. But that's my topic. Not this.

I do have Telus fibre and Optik. But how would they help me with Public cell service? How would I connect with a mobility tech?

I like your credit idea! If and when it's ever fixed then I'll make some kind of request.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Did you say you can get calls from Telus customers or you can't get calls and tell his customers I can't remember now? If you can't get calls from telus customers then maybe you can't get calls from the telus tech either? You have telus home services don't you? Access telus tech support that way it worked for another customer.....

Tech support is open 24/7 call them late at night when they're not very busy and maybe you'll get both a curious and helpful tech that you can have a discussion with about your issue and maybe it will ring a bell or spark an idea as to what the problem is or how to solve it? I've had a few conversations about my internet when it was exceptionally slow and it's garnered a call out that finally fixed the problem once I wasn't given usual rundown of reasons of why my internet was slow.

And I'll say it again I would be asking for some kind of a credit like maybe $3 off for the next 24 months?!!

@darlicious wrote:

Any advice on getting in contact with a telus tech to deal with a technical issue with your phone service?

@darlicious- No. Nor have I tried any other methods. I did try angling with sheytoon for maybe some inside help but he didn't bite 🙂 . I've had complete radio silence since Sep 9 on my own ongoing issue. On Sunday it occurred to me (twigged by the talk about controlling the volume of the alert sound) that the problem phone did not get the Amber alert from the other day. So I contacted support here...off to a technician with a ticket number. So I wait again. I have every sympathy with this customer. Dang.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Danimal35 

I sent you a private message you can reply to that. What did you mean by you logged in and it's been suspended via lost/stolen? Customer support did that? Did you threaten to charge back and then that occurred?

@Danimal35 wrote:

oh ya the second I call the bank its over, I realize that.. Id love to launch that complaint but other than that , it seems like I simply got screwed on this and I'll make sure everybody knows about it.  The CSA on here is useless,, every new person starts from step 1 every time instead of looking at any thread history.  Its infuriating. 

If you do wish to launch a formal complaint, take a look at this link.  The wireless code is the governance for how Public Mobile must conduct business.  The CCTS is the "referee" between the customer and the service provider.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/crtc-wireless-code

Danimal35

oh ya the second I call the bank its over, I realize that.. Id love to launch that complaint but other than that , it seems like I simply got screwed on this and I'll make sure everybody knows about it.  The CSA on here is useless,, every new person starts from step 1 every time instead of looking at any thread history.  Its infuriating. 

@Danimal35 wrote:

So how do i PM you then ?   thanks. 

@Danimal35  have you been checking the Community inbox?  this is where PM support work with you.  

Danimal35

Thanks,, I know it takes some time to write a blurb that long.. I guess they kept thinking the data (4g) was off not just slow so they kept trying to get me to go back to 3g.... now they suspended the account  (and kept the money),, i managed to get logged in but couldent verify with my phone number , only email ,, and then i saw "suspended, lost /stolen",     ya what was stolen is my money lol... I messaged the same ticket thread as yesterday 2 times today and its been silence,,   I will never EVER be a customer of this trash outfit again ,, and i will Warn as many people as possible to stay away.  what a hard severe fall from grace,, once upon a time it was decent here.   

anyways ya I'd like to file the complaint,, this ordeal is just out to lunch.    The more reviews Ive been reading im not the only one  who feels this way..  A LOT of other people got screwed by this outfit too.     So how do i PM you then ?   thanks. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Danimal35 

If you've only been dealing with a regular CSA and not the escalations department they have limited abilities or permissions for credits and refunds you need the escalations department. And they take at least 24 hours to contact you.

One thing I would advise against at the moment is doing a chargeback. Unless you want to leave all access to your account and your phone number. It's only a last resort with prepaid service and only once you've already ported it out.

@Danimal35 wrote:

As in copy and paste the inbox messages ? I guess I can try to do that but ,, the just of it is , they say wait for the technician ,,, ok fine,,,   ,, then they said 'will put me back on a 3g plan',,, I said why would i accept that?  I said multiple times fine ill wait for the technician ,, they kept pushing the 3g downgrade on me,,, i kept saying no,,  then i said  give me a refund , screw all this nonesense. ,, of course they wont ,, so i said fine  im making you work for this,, ill wait for the tech,, and since 3pm yesterday (ontario canada time)  its been silence ,, i Messaged this morning saying  my Data is off altogether now ,, and of course radio silence ,, ,, I will concact my credid card and have them reverse the charge if that's what it takes.. like this goes from  bad to worse to OMG. 

Since about the middle of September, there has been a renewal bug that affects customers who do a plan change as part of renewal.  So that could have been what caused a service disruption to your account.  CSA support is the route to getting this and other issues fixed.  As for how they fix the problem (putting you back on the 3G plan temporarily), that is something you have to work with the CSA team on.  Since this service does not have a call center, sorting out problems can take longer.  I appreciate the distress caused by service interruptions, but you have to work with the CSA team to resolve the problem, they are on your side.  Emotions simply get in the way of things.  In terms of refunds, it is a goodwill gesture that surely would be easier to get with a more conciliatory approach with the CSAs.  In the extreme case, charge backs could potentially end up as a debt collection, not a nice outcome over a few dollars.  I am not defending any particular side here, just offering some suggestions to ease the problem resolution process.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Danimal35 

Hmmmm.... That's kind of strange that they would suggest you go back to 3G? Unless they know there's a problem with 4G? Because it's very rare that they tell a customer that a telus tech will contact them. So that indicates either there's a major problem with your account or a major problem in general with delivering full speed 4G LTE data. Did the CSA suggest you return to 3G because they could guarantee you would get at least 3mbps data speeds?

Do you have your ticket reference number? Did they give you a tech team ticket reference number? Having the reference number for the tech team ticket is key. I would then take that ticket reference number and call telus and ask to speak with technical support that helps Public Mobile customers. Because somewhere you're lost in the system somewhere if a tech from Telus has not contacted you yet.

So be a little more proactive on your part to see if you can speed your resolution along. If you get an answer that it's going to take time then if they can assure you thst going back to a 3G plan for the time being will at least get you back to where you were with data service take it but tell them it is not a satisfactory resolution and you would like the escalations department to contact you.

Once the escalations department contact you ask for your service plan for this month to be credited back to your account so this month is now free. Then ask for them to switch you to the plan you wanted on your following renewal. If they still cannot do that negotiate another credit that is satisfactory. Maybe get creative and ask for $10 off for 12 months for any plan $40+. All I can say is maybe you're just unluckily got one of these weird glitches. They happen..... I've had one or two. One of which took a couple of months almost 3 months to get resolved.

But if I was in your position I would be complaining quite loudly as well but more so to customer support because they can actually do something whereas we can only advise.

And ultimately if you cannot be satisfied by anything Public Mobile offers..... you can always make a ccts complaint. I can help with that if you like... But you will have to contact me via private message for advice on filing those kind of complaints.

@dust2dust 

Any advice on getting in contact with a telus tech to deal with a technical issue with your phone service?

Danimal35

As in copy and paste the inbox messages ? I guess I can try to do that but ,, the just of it is , they say wait for the technician ,,, ok fine,,,   ,, then they said 'will put me back on a 3g plan',,, I said why would i accept that?  I said multiple times fine ill wait for the technician ,, they kept pushing the 3g downgrade on me,,, i kept saying no,,  then i said  give me a refund , screw all this nonesense. ,, of course they wont ,, so i said fine  im making you work for this,, ill wait for the tech,, and since 3pm yesterday (ontario canada time)  its been silence ,, i Messaged this morning saying  my Data is off altogether now ,, and of course radio silence ,, ,, I will concact my credid card and have them reverse the charge if that's what it takes.. like this goes from  bad to worse to OMG. 

Danimal35

Oh I plan on making all the noise I possibly can About this ,, I'm so pissed.  So far I posted on a review page , reddit , twitter ,and much more to come ,,  they are straight up igoring me now ,,  I told them over and over yeterday , I want what I paid for or a refund ,, nothing in-between,,, and since then its been silence ,, So now I'm going to make sure everyone knows what they did to me.   Im so far beyond any surface fixes ,, only a refund cold half way appease me now. 

Danimal35

I was on the 3g plan for my whole tenture here until i attemptede to "upgrade "to the 4g plan ,, now i got nothing and they stole my money. , 3 Times yesterday  the representative tried to convince me to downgrade to the 3g speed again and they still keep the money lol..  like this story is getting wrose and worse... Thank Jeebas Im on pay as you go , if i was ona contract id freak completely out.  getting gammed for a month is more than bad enough to tell people to beware of the thieves who are public mobile. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Thanks. I don't know what I was thinking not checking any posting history first.

@Danimal35 

Now I remember you because I already read your other thread and then I actually did do some speed tests but I got called away and then I totally forgot about it....oops!

I was going to suggest you do a couple speed tests because if you still had throttled data it would use like 20 MB to do a speed test three in fact. But more than 48 hours have passed now and obviously you have exceptionally slow data speeds or no speed at all. So something obviously is wrong with your plan.

Can I see you contacted customer support did they reply to you? If they did did you reply back? Can you see your original message in your outbox?

Danimal35

They have all my info ,, all of  it ,, email, phone number , you name it ,, all i tried to do on the 24th was go from a 10gig 3g plan to a 6gig 4g plan ,,, apparently that was a terrible decision cause now they stole my money and I have No data connection at all now ,,   Half they day pleading with them yesterday to fix it ,, they say wait for a tech to contact you , and now this,,,, What a pure scam,, steal the money and tell the customer to suck it ,, never again. never again ,, i could type that a million times

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Danimal35 

form your other thread:

"the change was made a few days before the end of the billing cycle.  I noticed my plan rolled over to the original 3g plan Not the new plan that I requested. "

First, did you try to use Incognito mode to login to My Account?  As explained earlier, what you saw could be just a cached version of the plan details if you don't use Incognito Mode.  So, try using Incognito mode or another browser to login to confirm

In terms of speed, if it is slow as in 3G speed, the plan change could take up to 48 hours for the new speed to come.  But of course, if the speed is so slow , almost no data, that is a different issue.  Try using data again in another area.    Or try to Reset all network once (please note this will clear your currently saved Wifi and you will need to re-join the Wifi)

For no reply from PM support, I guess it has been almost 2 days.  Did you check your Community inbox on the top right?  They contact you via there and not your email

If still no reply, open ticket with them again and message them again. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Danimal35 

I see now you've been here a while. So if you do have a 4G plan is it a new plan that they just introduced in the last couple of months or is it an old plan that's been grandfathered?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Danimal35 

I'm sure this is as frustrating as I'll get out. But for us to help assist you we will require a little more info from you.

• Do you have a 3G or 4G plan?
  • Are you a new customer or have you been here a while?
  • Has your data always been slow or just recently?
  • Have you checked your self service account since you've had no data to see if you have any data left in your plan?
  • What is the make and model of your phone?
  • How and when did you contact customer support for public mobile? Were you told a Telus tech would call you? If so do they have your phone number do they have an alternate phone number? Do you have an alternate phone number unless you're on your account?

Once you do get your data issues sorted out you can then contact customer support and ask for a credit for the loss of services or lack of services or whatever public mobile has failed to deliver on when you entered into a 30-day plan agreement.

Need Help? Let's chat.