cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thettering not working on iPhone 7

Icygod
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I active tethering, but my iPad can't connect to wifi.
8 REPLIES 8

rej915
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
@Icygod. Thank you. Your suggestion worked for me. Tried everything else without any success.

Icygod
It worked! By just entering the address sp.mb.com on my iPhone in : cellular>cellular data options>Cellular data network>apn

Thanks!

raza416
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
If you're on iOS10 + you don't get options to change any of the APN settings on iPhones. It might be an issue on the iPhone itself, I myself have been unable to tether my laptop with my iPhone however I am running beta software so that could be a factor.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Try

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,supl,mms,dun

If those dont work see this guide from the community

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartph...

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Tethering didnt work on the original / automatic APN settings when putting in my PM sim card for the first time. So I looked on the internet got a different set of APN settings and tried that. It worked. Try another APN setting, worse case you can go back to your origrinal one.

Icygod
Tried everything. Restarting iPhone, deactivating and reactivating airplane modes. Checking the APN settings.

My friend tried too and it's not working either. (He has another simcard with public mobile too, iPhone 6s).

I feel like it's on PM's side that either blocks something or the configuration of some port I don't know...

raza416
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Tethering on iPhones can be bonky at times. I suggest you turn the wifi & tethering options off and back on and turn bluetooth on for both devices. That usually gets it working for me if I can't connect.

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Icygod wrote:
I active tethering, but my iPad can't connect to wifi.

It should work, PM has no restrictions. I would have to say there must be a problem with your iphone or ipad. You should try to test another sim from another company to see if that works, or considering restoring the iphone or ipad. 

Need Help? Let's chat.