cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The koodo switch offer?

davep59
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have never got an text with the offers from Pm.How do i get them as i went to the koodo store today but they could not get me the offer because it was never offered to me?

Why do some get it and not everyone?

8 REPLIES 8

Canadiankid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Your plan is most likely the reason why you didnt recieve the offer. Have you ever recieved offers? When I signed up with PM i remember seeing a box to check off if you didn't want to recieve offers. My wife and I were on the 4.5g/$40 plan and I recieved the offer. We have since switched to koodo for their 5G/$35 plan. For those ppl wounder why?? I signed up at a walmart and got myself and my wife both $200 bill credits instead of $180 each. We both got an iphone 6 for $0 and recieved $375 each in walmart gift cards (on a small tab). I went first and used a refer a friend and then when my wife went she used my refer a friend (so $100 bill credit for me and $50 for my wife). We sold our iphone 6's for $250 each. In total including both lines and all rewards and selling our phones we totaled $1800.... Our bills will be $45 each line so $90 for 2 years (while we pay the tab). $90*24months is 2,160 before out tax (12%) $2419.2 after tax. 2419.2-1800= $619.20 for our two lines for 2 years. This works out to $25.80 a month for both of our lines or $12.90 per line for the 2 year period. Thats why people go to koodo. In 2 years time I will look at what is out there and possibly switch. FYI walmart has their deals this weekend as well so if you want to switch now might be the time. If you have any questions please send me message. 

PS. I tried to share the walmart deals yesterday morning with everyone but my post was deleted within 5 minutes by a certain person stating it had nothing to do with PM (it was posted in general disscusion). I think that certain people really dont want PM subscribers to go to koodo..... We will see how long this one lasts:)

If anyone would like to see all the Walmart phone deals (bonus cards) send me a message and I will forward them to you.

davep59

I'm on the 3 month 2 gb plan

davep59

With no contract i will always switch to a cheaper plan that offers much more.If PM gets a better one i will switch back.The $180 credit/15$ a month for a year makes up for any lost 

referral bonuses and by the way Koodo offers a $50 referral bonus.So in the end you can get 8gb of lte data for $40 - the $15 = $25 a month for the year.Never in Canada has there been an offer like this.

szymon247
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

In the long-term, you will end up paying more at Koodo. You will never have the bonuses reducing your bill and in the end, PM will have the better plan simply because it's a cheaper network to maintain, even if the current Koodo switch offer tops PM's best at this very moment (how else would they get people to switch to a more expensive/ higher margin network?). As a by-product, this offer increases the bill for the rest of us by reducing our referral bonuses (people switching away) and will increase PM profitability per user in the long term, likely allowing them to return part of it back to us by being able to offer better plans down the road too.

It makes sense from Telus' perspective but will end up punishing those who moved in the end. Telecoms in Canada have always done that, yet the value offerings always ended up the best value. Switching back to PM after it gets better, you will come back with a clean slate, building your bonuses from scratch.

davep59

$40 for 8gb of data and canada wide calling is why we switch.

szymon247
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Seeing so many people switching to Koodo, I've been wondering why?

It seems very short-sighted to me, losing all the benefits and getting tied to a more expensive network.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@davep59 what plan are you on?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@davep59

It is a difficult to determine who exactly got offered the promotion.  Public mobile will not tell the reasons why some people got the promo, others did not.  Might be some computer alogorithm, or just random?  

Be patient.  There have been several of these migration promos the last while.  The promos seem to be getting more "attractive".  So, hopefully, you will qualify in the near future....

Need Help? Let's chat.