cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 611 menu is not completely useful

musicollector
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I phoned 611 to find out my talk time balance and data balance. However, it simply told me that my "balance is zero" and when the next top-up is due. LOL. I didn't care to know what my arrears are; I wanted to know the balance of TALK TIME and DATA. So, really, I am disappointed. I should not have to depend on the unreliable and tedious website login to know this. I should be able to simply punch 611 and get these important stats.

12 REPLIES 12

@computergeek541- And my point is - it doesn't say what you've used. It says what's remaining. Say you have a 5gb plan with 4gb total of add-ons and you used 3gb of the plan data. It doesn't say you used 3gb. It says you have 6gb remaining.

The minutes on the other hand...pretty useless. I would far rather know the minutes remaining on a limited minute plan than the remaining international minutes.

@dust2dust wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

As I was saying earlier, it adds in usage remaining included with your plan too. There isn't any way to use 611 to find out the amount of usage remaining only in add-ons.

@computergeek541- Fixed it for you.

Fair enough but my entire post was about the amount of remaiing data/talk time.  You're right that 611 doesn't tell you how much you started out with.

@computergeek541 wrote:

As I was saying earlier, it adds in usage remaining included with your plan too. There isn't any way to use 611 to find out the amount of usage remaining only in add-ons.

@computergeek541- Fixed it for you.

@esjliv wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@computergeek541 @dust2dust I believe @musicollector is correct, although I believed otherwise at one point...

It only gives the option for 'addon balances', no options for Plan Balances.

611 doesn't give add-on balances.  It only provides the total usage available, which includes the plan usage too.

@computergeek541 press 3 to get add-on balances, it provides the balances there.

The vocie menu says add-on balances, but that's not the information that it provides. I just tried it.  As I was saying earlier, it adds in usage included with your plan too. There isn't any way to use 611 to find out the amount of usage remaining only in add-ons.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@computergeek541 @dust2dust I believe @musicollector is correct, although I believed otherwise at one point...

611 doesn't give add-on balances.  It only provides the total usage available, which includes the plan usage too.

@computergeek541 press 3 to get add-on balances, it provides the balances there.

Within this option, my Plan Minutes (on the $15 limited calling plan) is NOT included in the message.

I do not get prompted anywhere for Plan Minutes on the limited calling plan. Can you find it anywhere?

Within this option, my Plan Data does appear to be included in the message, even stating including in plan data. When I tested this earlier, I checked an account that was out of Plan Data, so not a good example.

Checking another account with Plan Data left it did bump up the total Plan+Add-ons Data. So, correction on my part there.

Still, would be awesome to have the ability to check Plan Minutes through 611, there should be an automatic, IMO.

@esjliv wrote:

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

611 must have changed or been updated, as when I am trying to do stuff recently it ain't cooperating. 😞

1-855-478-2542 seems to be okay right now though.

Ideally, I 100% agree with you, musicollector, that the Plan minutes (when on limited minute calling plan), and the Plan data are even most important to know.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@musicollector 

You can find the specific info you seek thru SIMon. Mind you the "How-to" part you will have to figure out without anymore help from me because well.... let's just say we politely tolerate each other.....and leave it at that. 😁

Here is the evidence that it can apparently be done......

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Three-different-usage-data-from-the-same-...

Edit:

Learning curve....I wanted the pic not the post. Hopefully this works as intended....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/150125

Yep looks like it does going by the url.....

Edit again...

Nope okay third time lucky....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/150125/image-id/75460iB4829...

Also some very handy updated info about the 611/IVR system recently posted by @dust2dust .

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/611-IVR-Menu-System/td-p/934136

@musicollector wrote:

Thanks. I had already done that, but it only tells me how much data ADD-ON is left. Not my monthly quota.

Also, it gives me a date when it expires. I know that this is the date when my monthly quota expires, but I hope it is not referring to my Add-on, for which I paid extra. You never know if rules have changed, so I am putting this out here.:-)

The amount that it reads out to you is the total combined from both plan and add-ons.  

hmmm I had always understood that it's all of your available data. Not what had been used.... available... everywhere.

The date it gives is the overnight of your next renewal.

Add-ons are unaffected by renewals. They just stay on. They step back until they are needed again. I still have some add-ons from a few years ago.

musicollector
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks. I had already done that, but it only tells me how much data ADD-ON is left. Not my monthly quota.

Also, it gives me a date when it expires. I know that this is the date when my monthly quota expires, but I hope it is not referring to my Add-on, for which I paid extra. You never know if rules have changed, so I am putting this out here.:-)

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You need to go down into the options. Press 3 and enter your 4 digit account pin. You will get your total remaining data of everything and then the not very useful remaining minutes of international minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.