cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old phone number back

Phoebee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am in desperate need of getting my old phone number back that is attached to this account and is currently not in use. I need it because I cannot get into my Apple account. Thank you

14 REPLIES 14

So you DID get your old number back then @Phoebee, or not? 

If not, did you call it to see if it was assigned to another person?

If you did, I hope you get around this Apple ID to access what you need.

@Phoebee  Well your welcome and I sure hope you get into your Yahoo , and get you Apple ID situation resolved once in for all 

Phoebee

Thank you to all of those that responded to my inquiry about “my old phone number back“. I apologize for not being able to get back to everybody, but there may be another way I can access my Apple ID; through my yahoo email which I am struggling to get into at the moment,  as my back up phone is not in the greatest of conditions  and it contains all my passwords.  Thanks again for all the information and all the help! 

@Phoebee   I think the critical thing is if the number really belongs to Telus family and if PM can assign it back to you. What is the area code and the next 3? give us something like 604-566-xxxx and we can confirm it for you

And was the number just deactivated?  when did you last pay for it?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Phoebee   don't you have an email associated with the Apple ID?

and how long you have lost your phone number?  if not too long, you can try to ask PM support to assign you back the number, only if you got the number from PM originally

What is the area code and the next 3 digits of the number? that determines if PM can give you back 

Phoebee

Yeah I have been to the Apple Store twice already but my account is attached to my old number and Yahoo! mail is asking me for 2 step authorization and they too have the same old number on my account.

@Phoebee   That usually means the number is not assigned IIRC.  Contact customer support via one of the links posted by @Handy1  and ask them if they can retrieve it for you but you'll need a new PM SIM to activate a new account if the old one is deactivated.

I would say user dabr above has your next steps.

Phoebee

Yes I did get the number from Koodo or Public Mobile (Telus). I called it and got the message Telus uv1...or something like that. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Phoebee 

Ditto with @dust2dust. Call your number and see if it's in service. Call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number to see if you get account info or you are told they can't find your phone number. Did you originally get your phone number from pm, telus or koodo?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Phoebee    How long has the account been inactive? As long as it's still within the 90 days of suspension then either login and make a manual payment and reactivate the account or purchase a voucher from SDM, London Drugs, 7/11 or Shell and add the funds by dialing 611 on your phone.  Muskbird.com also sell vouchers online.

If the account has not been paid for 90+ days, then the account and number are deactivated, however, if the number was originally from PM (maybe also Telus/Koodo), then you might have a small chance to retrieve by opening a new account and asking customer support to help with getting back your original number as long as it's not been assigned to anyone else which would only happen after being out of circulation for at least 90 days, I believe.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How old? When did you last pay for service? Do you still have the sim? You can dial 611 with the sim in a phone to see if the account exists. Or dial 1-855-4pu-blic from another service and enter that number and see if the account exists.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Phoebee  Also you can try call apple and get back into Apple ID thru email / phone call 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Phoebee  You can try and ask support or look in self serve for it 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

edit if you account hasn’t been suspended for more then 90 days you can just reactivate it , but if you ported it out your mileage may vary 

Need Help? Let's chat.