Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text from 611 saying card declined

norwal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I received texts saying:

(2/2) If card is still declined, please contact us using our 24/7 virtual assistant publicmobile.ca.chatbot.

Public Mobile here. Your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment. To resume your service, make a payment at   Https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/

I logged into my account which stated that it was suspended.  The card on file for auto payment still has two years left before it expires and I have made no changes to my account. After reactivating my account, I manually paid with exiting card one file without issue. 

Has this happen to others?   How do I avoid my account from being suspended no reason again?

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @norwal , you can message them again

And if you worry it will happen again, you can manually laoad fund to it ahead of the renewal day

norwal

Update.  I submitted a ticket per Handy 1's suggestion, I think.  Nothing heard. I guess I'll wait until the next billing cycle to see what happens.

norwal

It wasn't the card company. Thanks again.

norwal

Good call hTideGnow.

Hi @norwal have you check with Credit card center to confirm it was a real decline on their end?

if it is not, then submit ticket with CS agent and ask the to confirm 

norwal

As I said in my original post, there are two years left on the card. 

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Maybe you need to update the cards expiry date.

That's correct. Rewards get added to the balance before the autopay would happen.

norwal

I didn't migrate to the new rewards system so I get the autopayment discount. The funny thing is I did get all my usual discounts, they were sitting in my account as a credit.  

norwal

Thanks for the reply.  I'll watch to see if it happens again.

@norwal wrote:

I tried the Chat box/SIMon but it just make wrong suggestions.  I will try the CS_Agents if the issue persists.

The contact a customer supprot agent, please go back to the chatbot to perform that task.  This will ensure the fastest possible repsonse from them.

norwal

I tried the Chat box/SIMon but it just make wrong suggestions.  I will try the CS_Agents if the issue persists.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@norwal - glad you were able to make a manual payment without issue. So all your services are working now?

Autopay failures do seem to happen sometimes around here. In my opinion, they never should! Were you awarded any rewards that you should have been awarded when you renewed your plan? Something may have messed up rewards during the Autopay failure, if so, I'd suggest you contact Customer Support by methods provided by Handy1 above and get those applied.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You don't need support. That's not the only thing we do to answer people around here. Although often it seems so.

Yes, sometimes autopay fails.

The only workaround is to pay ahead making manual payments or vouchers or real time payments.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I haven't had it happen yet but I've read through the forum that sometimes the auto pay can fail.  I don't know what causes it to fail but you're not the only one this has occurred to.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@norwal  Get support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.