cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text From PM About Changes To Manitoba Prepaid Network

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just received the following text now:

"Public Mobile here. As of March 16, 2021, our Prepaid network in Manitoba will be changing and select areas of Winnipeg and Brandon may experience reduced voice coverage. Data speeds will remain unaffected. In order to maintain the best voice coverage after March 16, 2021, changes will need to be made to your account. For more information, please call us at 1-866-975-3058. Free Public Mobile Msg"

Before I call this number, has anyone here heard anything related to this or what exactly this is about? What changes are we talking about???

283 REPLIES 283

Peggie99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/11/13/canada-volte-guide/

"Telus notes that most newer devices will be VoLTE-enabled as they become available, and warns that devices not purchased through its channels will not be VoLTE enabled “at this time.”

skifan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Great_Big_Abyss wrote:

Peggie99,  

PC Mobile operates on the Bell network, and they have $25 for 2GB of data and unlimited Canadawide talk/text.  

That may not necessarily be an option either.  Telus roams on the MTS network (which Bell owns) for much of their coverage.  If MTS is moving to VoLTE then so will Bell ( PCMobile) customers.  Thus if your phone is not compatible....you have a problem.

@skifan wrote:

@Great_Big_Abyss wrote:

Peggie99,  

PC Mobile operates on the Bell network, and they have $25 for 2GB of data and unlimited Canadawide talk/text.  

That may not necessarily be an option either.  Telus roams on the MTS network (which Bell owns) for much of their coverage.  If MTS is moving to VoLTE then so will Bell ( PCMobile) customers.  Thus if your phone is not compatible....you have a problem.

@skifan To go off on a tangent from the thread, I used to be with PC Mobile and a number of years ago it got bought by the Telus family and I was "transitioned" to Koodo which is how I eventually ended up here with PM. Did PC Mobile start up again with Bell (or was the brand sold by Telus)? Thanks

skifan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kb_mv wrote:

@skifan wrote:

@Great_Big_Abyss wrote:

Peggie99,  

@skifan To go off on a tangent from the thread, I used to be with PC Mobile and a number of years ago it got bought by the Telus family and I was "transitioned" to Koodo which is how I eventually ended up here with PM. Did PC Mobile start up again with Bell (or was the brand sold by Telus)? Thanks

I was responding to a post from @Great_Big_Abyss  who stated that PCMobile uses Bell.  I have no first hand knowledge on that.

Pencil_Pusher

From Wikipedia: On May 24, 2018, PC Mobile decided to cease its postpaid operation. Although still operating as The Mobile Shop across the country, customers were moved from the PC brand to Koodo Mobile. The venture between Telus still remains for the foreseeable future as well, and it continues to operate and offer postpaid services via all three national carriers and respective flanker brands at its Mobile Shop locations. PC Mobile's exit did not have any effect on its existing plans to expand its own wireless presence. PC Mobile moved existing customers to Koodo on October 2, 2018. This did not affect the prepaid service offered by PC Mobile operated by Bell Mobility however.[3]

@skifan Oops, sorry

lwc726

update, phoned in was the call was answered in a couple of minutes. once I was able to speak to the customer service rep. he told me to call back an other time as he was unable to help me.

My god i am wondering how organized this company really is. so now I am like the rest of you wondering what next  

THIS IS NOT SERVICE......!!!!!!!!!!

lwc726

MIGHT BE TIME TO WRITE TO THE REGUALTORS. AS THESE GUYS CLEARLY HAVE NO CLUE. AND YES i AM USING  CAPITOLS FOR A REASON

@lwc726 wrote:

MIGHT BE TIME TO WRITE TO THE REGUALTORS. AS THESE GUYS CLEARLY HAVE NO CLUE. AND YES i AM USING  CAPITOLS FOR A REASON

@lwc726 We are just customers like you so if the bold all caps makes you feel better, fill your boots. Once you have contacted the regulators, please come back and let us know how you made out.

lwc726

written complain filed, wait and see