cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Community staff & Forced to buy third party vouchers for service

DJSpace
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone else having a hard time dealing with the community staff they hired?

The new updates to the site have made it so you can't access your phone unless you buy vouchers at almost double the price from a third party.

I'm considering leaving this service. Wouldn't recommend.

Terrible support.

16 REPLIES 16

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I know my comment holds very little value to you but I'm just going to share anyway.

Maybe I've been very lucky over the last 5 plus years. I have had zero problems dealing with CS Agents here at Public Mobile. I won't name them but there are 3-4 CS Agents that have given me exceptional service and it was nothing but a positive experience for me. Sure I may not agree with certain things Public Mobile does but in the end, I am happy with the service and value. I just feel that communication with their customers isn't their strong point and could use some improvement. And I can honestly say, we have a pretty darn good community here of customers like you who are willing to lend a hand. Lots of knowledge here. Don't give up yet. 

DJSpace

Thanks maybe I'll check into Telus thanks. That actually sounds like a better deal then Public Mobile. Maybe it's time I switched over to someone a bit more reliable.

DJSpace

I already explained about the vouchers a few times already.  I live in a small community they do not sell the vouchers here. Even at the retailers listed in the link you provided. They told me at shopper & foodland they do not sell public mobile Vouchers. Okay.

Secondly I have been trying to use my CC . I had it set up that way. My card expired I gotten a new one in the mail. This is when the problem started to occur. I was unable to update my information. They told me it was the web browser so I went & tried other web browsers and the same thing happened. Was not able to put in my info.  Then they tell me you can't update it from the website.  So idk to me it seems they made it sound like my fault when they were having difficulties with the updates of their site.

As for support I would say quality & response time. As I missed my dentist surgery because I had no phone. I was unable to communicate with my ride. So I had to pay out of pocket for the missed appointment. Plus now I'll have to pay up front again & drive 4 hours to get there to do that as well as wait another 2 months & pay for the gas & the time for all this.  The support staff can talk to their managers. They took days to respond back. Which is a support staff issue. They could bring these things up with the people they work for.  I am trying to use my credit card but the site won't let me use it & forces people to buy third party vouchers from online because that seems to be the only option to use the service & for the last few days my internet was out & you got to have internet as well as buy them from third party.  Just the whole experience has made me not want to really go with public mobile & am considering switching to another provider where I can get better support, if my internet goes down I can still update my phone & get it working without problems or hassles so I don't miss any more appointments that cost me more money.

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DJSpace if you don’t need data, Telus has a yearly plan for unlimited calls and messages for $100 per year, it could be a good option for you.

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I understand your situation. Easy way is to register your credit card or your visa debit card as a method of payment to avoid buying expensive vouchers from third parties.

If this is not possible, there are many providers that has similar service and plans to public mobile. Try to find what is suitable for you and your location.

DJSpace

I don't have a smart phone & their web browser things I've tired it on a few different ones & it won't let me edit any information other then my area code. I had it set up at one time but the bank sent me a new card because the old one expired. Then the problems started occurring. Not letting me update, so I deleted the card. Then it still wouldn't let me change anything but the area code.

I don't drive, I have a disability. I live below the poverty line. So I can't go to other towns or cities. I live in a small community they do not sell the vouchers here. As I stated this to the staff.

In my case I have no other choice but to purchase from third party they said.

DJSpace

I don't have a smart phone & their web browser things I've tired it on a few different ones & it won't let me edit any information other then my area code. I had it set up at one time but the bank sent me a new card because the old one expired. Then the problems started occurring. Not letting me update, so I deleted the card. Then it still wouldn't let me change anything but the area code.

@DJSpace wrote:

Yeah my experience with them hasn't been good. I am probably going to switch to another provider because the staff who communicate through tickets & private messages don't do a very good job. The site doesn't work correctly & they force you to buy vouchers through a third party to be able to use your phone.

@DJSpace , when you say support does not do a good job, are you referring to the response time or the quality of the responses?  Response time is a function of the number of tickets in the system.  Support staff cannot be faulted for circumstances beyond their control.  As for how to pay, I would have to say the service is designed to be payment card centric, especially given that new activations must be completed using a credit or debit card.  Unless it is not possible, use a credit or debit card for payment is highly recommended.  As for vendors that sell vouchers, the list is pretty long, perhaps not all have convenient locations.  Sorry to hear of your cell problems leading to further issues.  

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@DJSpace  you can still pay with your debit card. Why do you think you can't? 

Try the below . Sometimes the system will give errors but you still can. Make sure you clear you web Brower. Or use Safari or Google Chrome. 

Screenshot_20240618_171334_Samsung Internet.jpg

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DJSpace 

It is less hassle if you register your CC or debit card so it automatically withdraw your monthly bill on AutoPay (Subscribed) then paying with vouchers.

Another option is to purchase a prepaid CC but there are fees as well.

DJSpace

I don't drive, I have a disability.  I live below the poverty line. So I am not going to gas stations or am I going to other towns or cities. I live in a small community they do not sell the vouchers here. As I stated before.

In my case I have no other choice but to purchase from third party they said.

DJSpace

I went to the retailers in my community they said would have vouchers & they didn't sell them.  The only way is to pay more through online retailers. My internet went out for 4 days & there was no way to active my phone. The person didn't respond for 3-days as well. When I had dental surgery appointment I missed & had to pay out of pocket for because of the way the system is set up. So this is why I am considering switching because the only way to get the cards for me is buy online from third party & you have to have the internet to be able to do that.

They had it so you could add your bank info to the site & pay that way but since the update you can no longer do that. Just buy vouchers online from third party.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@DJSpace  you can purchase vouchers from local stores without paying any additional fees. 

Whenever buy them, which is not often, I go to the gas station.

Fees are only from third party which you dont have to use.

DJSpace

Yeah my experience with them hasn't been good. I am probably going to switch to another provider because the staff who communicate through tickets & private messages don't do a very good job. The site doesn't work correctly & they force you to buy vouchers through a third party to be able to use your phone.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DJSpace 

Public mobile vouchers bought from retailers have no additional surcharge. Instant top ups (RTR) purchased from retailers have a $1 surcharge.

Online retailers have surcharges that can be expensive. The cheapest is Muskbird.com with a 10% surcharge for credit card and PayPal payments and interac/e-transfer payments were 0.03% but that may have changed to include a $1 fee as well. Regardless their voucher and instant top up surcharges are very reasonable for the convenience.

For more info see these threads by @darlicious :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Online-Top-Up-Payments-Muskbird-com/td-p/...

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There no staff on the community fourm. Everyone here is a customer just like you. The staff only Communicate through tickets and private messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.