cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus lady says my number transfer is done and the new service is activated but its not working

Cobrajin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can call certain numbers but not others and I cant get messages. I spoke to a telus lady and she said that the transfer is done and nothing is waiting to happen. A voice message comes up saying "UV 1 the number cannot be completed as dialed".

12 REPLIES 12

@Cobrajin 

Number ports can take a few business days to fully complete. Even if they seem to be (partially) working almost immediately. Some incoming or outgoing calls can fail. This seems to be especially true when the number block was originally issued to a different operator and/or to a different calling area (though I admit this is basically just a theory and I haven't really tested enough to prove/disprove it).

It'll probably fix itself after a day or two. If it's still malfunctioning after a few days (and a phone restart, just to be sure) then there might be a problem. CRTC allows up to 10 business days for mobile number ports to complete (up to 30 days in some particular territories/circumstances which probably don't apply to you).

@Cobrajin 

Those kind of messages such ad 8UV1 and 8UV2 are technical error code messages to help identify certain tech issues that need to be repaired. The calls you are unable to make because of these messages are they my all to the same phone number or the same provider? If you are recieving the message it generally means its the other ends provider is experiencing the technical issues. Or more specifically the person you are calling cannot recieve calls. That person would have to call their provider to fix the issue.

@Cobrajin wrote:

How do I contact anyone who can help? I need to know what this "8uv1 cannot dial number" code is all about. I tried entering "Moderator_Team" as a person to send a message to and it just auto clears field.

Hi @Cobrajin ,

Are you services working yet?

I presume you submitted a ticket. The moderators can look at the provisioning of your account and reset it.

But, you may just need to be reconnected to the Public Mobile network.

Try one or more of the below (some others mentioned these trouble-shooting already...)

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

are you getting incoming calls at all?  how about incoming texts, not getting at all or getting some but not all?

Because it is normal for the first day, you receive  most the incoming calls/text but still possible some didn't come.   It is an issue from the other side and not PM.   Calls from providers like Fongo would take longer to learn your new "home"   

But you should be able to make all outgoing calls and texts without issue.

Cobrajin

How do I contact anyone who can help? I need to know what this "8uv1 cannot dial number" code is all about. I tried entering "Moderator_Team" as a person to send a message to and it just auto clears field.

Cobrajin

Fido to Public Mobile. I just think the lady I talked to worked for telus. I dont know. Im losing my patience and I never had an understanding. No idea why I can call some numbers but others it comes up with the message "8uv1 cannot complete number as dialed". Im lost.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Cobrajin ,

Just checking, but I presume you're transferring your number from Telus to public mobile and not from public mobile to Telus?

Only asking because you mentioned speaking with a Telus employee.

@Cobrajin wrote:

Still happening.

@Cobrajin   If the transfer is complete then that shouldn't be happening. 

Have you tried toggling airplane mode on/off.  Also what plan did you select at activation?

You may need to submit a ticket to moderators if you keep getting this message.  You can submit a ticket via chatbot bubble bottom right and follow prompts or by clicking the envelope icon top right of screen and send a private message to Moderator_Team.

Edit:  @Cobrajin   Here's PM's announcement about transferring/porting numbers: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Cobrajin :Try power off then on your phone, if things don't work in free hours you should contact moderator team.

Cobrajin

Still happening.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi do a network reset on your phone

Need Help? Let's chat.