cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus almost reaches 1Gbps benchmark in real-world LTE-A speed test

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/09/27/telus-almost-reaches-1gbps-lte-a-speedtest/

A truely remarkable acheivement for Telus, 1 Gbps is a ridiculously fast speed for any device on a mobile network.  I think it'll lead to increased data consumption and subsequently larger data packages to be purchased by the end-user.

Mobile networks are moving to par, if not exceeding, the speed of wired-technology we have. Do you think we will go to a completely wireless society when it comes to telecoms?

5 REPLIES 5

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

This was achieved with LAA, which is not as practical as licensed spectrum. We'll see if there's any widescale deployments with LAA. I am not holding my breath.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Perfect excuse to raise rates again.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The technology is there, but the question is how much will they charge?

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Not sure how "it will lead to increased data consumption" .. they arent forcing you to use more data.

The only ways I can see that being true is if 1) You feel you can download more/watch more youtube videos 2) run 10,000 speeds tests / download nonsense just to show off your phone speed 3) websites make sites way more complicated with more items to download..

Grampa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, no need for home phone already, and no home internet in the future. I gave up home internet already after the kids moved out.

Need Help? Let's chat.