cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk service not working

gfitzgerald
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

When trying to place a call, I'm told I'm out of minutes. When I go to check my plan details, I get an error page saying:

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

I can't see my usage nor can I see my plan details. I'm on an older plan if that matters

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gfitzgerald 

your right but you have to report it for them to know is there a issue 

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

@gfitzgerald   Just logged into a couple of household accounts and I'm getting the same as you.  Nothing available for "plan details" or for change plans page.  Usually these glitches clear up after a hour or so but sounds like, from reading your thread, this time some of the self serve features have been unavailable for much longer.  Not much to do but wait for PM to fix it...a bit frustrating for sure. 

Have you thought about purchasing the $5/500 mins add-on to see if that will allow you calling options for now until PM has sorted out the self serve account?  I know you shouldn't have to purchase extra mins if you're calling within your province.

gfitzgerald

@Anonymous  I assume that's a question? I'm on a mac, and have tried, Firefox, Chrome & Safari. Incognito mode is no different.

While I really do appreciate everyone's help, I'm flummoxed (and amused) as to why everyone keeps insisting it's a client side issue. It's clearly server side. A client side error doesn't generate ASPX error pages nor does it generate IIS errors that expose sensitive directory paths.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gfitzgerald 

you open Browser from your computer, or your phone !

gfitzgerald

Thanks again for everyone's help. The issue is still not resolved (mods are maybe working on it??) but I've got more evidence of something is messed up on the backend.

Logged in again today, hit "Change Plan" and was presented with this:

Public_Mobile_- ChangePlanLandingPage_—__Private_Browsing_.png

As you can see, public mobile doesn't even know what plan I have. If I try to click "Try out more options", I get:

IIS_7_5_Detailed_Error_-_403_14_-_Forbidden_—__Private_Browsing_.png

@esjlivI'll try your SIM/network suggestions

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@gfitzgerald wrote:

Hello,

When trying to place a call, I'm told I'm out of minutes. When I go to check my plan details, I get an error page saying:

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

I can't see my usage nor can I see my plan details. I'm on an older plan if that matters

Thanks

Hello @gfitzgerald ,

Sometimes opening a tab in incognito mode then logging into Self Serve helps fix finicky things.

With regards to your "out of minutes" issue try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

Try adding a 1 in front of the 10-digit number.

IF you ignore the message does the call complete? If so, just ignore it.

@gfitzgerald wrote:

That link you sent is what returns an error page for me.

I can't confirm Canada-wide or province-wide. The plan is 4 years old now at this point, can't remember the details - hence me wanting to check the plan details.

Thanks to everyone for the help, the Mods are helping me now.

@gfitzgerald the link above from @softech works for me. I think you need to clear history, cookies and reboot your device. 

@gfitzgerald  I was checking some old posts, i think this is your plan: 

$120 per 90 Days
  • This plan includes:
  • 12GB Data
  • Unlimited International Text
  • Unlimited Provincial Talk

you are in Ontario and calling GTA, so, it would work even with Provincial Plan.  

But yes, we saw issue with calling before and Mod needs to do something on the system to resolve it.  Let us know the result.

gfitzgerald

That link you sent is what returns an error page for me.

I can't confirm Canada-wide or province-wide. The plan is 4 years old now at this point, can't remember the details - hence me wanting to check the plan details.

Thanks to everyone for the help, the Mods are helping me now.

@gfitzgerald  after you logon to My Account, if you click on Plan details... or use this direct link:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/

can you confirm you have unlimited Canada-wide Talk or unlimited provincial talk with your plan?  

Can you text or use your DATA (wifi turned off)?

If no, contact a MOD here. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gfitzgerald : Most of what you need is on the overview page. If it's not showing some details like the plan name just above the Plan Details link then it's in one of its moods. So try the browser ideas and my edit above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gfitzgerald 

no matters what if have older plan or new
is the issue with Browser

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser
and clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and use a Browser from your computer,
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

and Restart your computer, is will help.

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take it your power internet for about a minute and put it back,

gfitzgerald

Province is Ontario, trying to make local calls (GTA).

The initial Overview page is fine, but trying to get into the plan details page doesn't work. Usage page loads as well and shows very little minutes used.

But I cannot verify any specific details about the plan more than $120 every 3 months.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gfitzgerald : I was talking about being able to see the overview page after logging in.

Do you have a provincial plan?

Wow. A couple years here and you finally show up with a problem. I'd say that's darn fine service. Now you're having a little hiccup. Once you verify that you have minutes or are calling in the province you're in (if provincial) then I guess it's off to the moderators for you.

Edit: oh...and the account is active. If you can text and connect to the internet then it would be active.

gfitzgerald

Hi thanks for the reply, browser/cookies etc. are not the issue. It's clearly a server side issue with Publicmobile.

Yes, the price is $120 every 3 months.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gfitzgerald : Try again using a different browser or clear cache/site cookies or use incognito/privacy mode. Are you paying more than $15 each term (depending on rewards)?

Need Help? Let's chat.