cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk minutes

LindyMoon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Edit: Still mystified as to when I used all 100 minutes, but thankfully I still have an add-on that was gifted back in December. And glad to know everything on the usage history isn’t a charge (kinda obvious now that I think about it). Thank you all for the great advice.

I have 100 Canada wide minutes. It says I’ve used them all, but in usage history (even rounding to the next minute), it says I’ve only used 60 minutes. What would my approach be to fix this?

Also, I have several outgoing calls (most less than ten seconds) to an unknown number. When I looked up the number, it says it might be a spam number? Why would it call those outgoing?

10 REPLIES 10

LindyMoon

No, this is actually really helpful, because I didn’t remember buying the add-on! Now I know it was gifted. Thank you!

@LindyMoon   BTW, you do have the $5/500 Canada wide minutes add-on to supplement your $15 plan so that you don't have to worry about using up the 100 minutes every cycle?  Plus you should also have some international minutes that have been gifted by PM over the last 3 December holiday season. 

Those can also be used towards making calls within Canada, but you'd be better off to buy the 500 minutes (if not already) as the international minutes are more valuable for making international calls.

edit:  nvd, I see that point was already made by countrydownleuk. 

@LindyMoon   You don't get charged, it's just incoming calls have been forwarded to the voicemail system (ending in 4001) if the call wasn't answered and a message was left.   However, if you retrieve your voicemail, then you will be deducted minutes if you're on a limited plan minute.  You can, of course, retrieve voicemail from another phone if you don't want to use up any of your available minutes.

@LindyMoon wrote:

It does end in 4001. Why would I get charged if someone else calls me though?

HI @LindyMoon 

Yes, those are VM 

you are on the $15 plan with limited outbound calls?  Calling VM from your cell will count towards your outbound minute.  Best to use a landline or other's phone or VoIP to check your VM

LindyMoon

It does end in 4001. Why would I get charged if someone else calls me though?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

No matter what the out come is. If you can afford.....buy 2 x 500 min @ $5 each. Then when first 500 are used, buy 500 more. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@LindyMoon 

Did you redial the unknown number?

If you did then it is a call-out call and will be deducted from your 100 minutes. The minute are rounded up to the next minute. So the 1/10 of a second will count as 1 minute unfortunately.

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LindyMoon 

Try different browser. Try incognito mode. Clear browser cache,cookie, Try refresh.Try Login,check again.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If that unknown number ends with 4001 and maybe 4002 that is the voicemail number. When you check voicemail it takes your minutes.

But the same number is used when someone calls and it drops to voicemail.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

Hi go by what it says in your self serve account even when you call your viocemail it will use minutes,does the that strange number end in 4001? if it is that is your voicemail.if you have run out of minutes you can purchase the 5 dollar 5oo minute add on ,it stays on your account untill it is all used up 

Need Help? Let's chat.