cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching plan and rewards

johnkimcg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I wonder if I can continue to receive the current reward of $5 (Loyalty -$3, Pre-Authorized - $2) if I change the current '$25/mon with 1G data plan', which I have been using for a long time, to the '$15/mon plan'.

Thanks in advance for your help!

8 REPLIES 8

alannamerrick
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If it helps to think about, your rewards belong to your account so the rewards will not change by switching plans. However, if you receive rewards from the refer program and that person terminates their plan with public mobile your rewards may change that way. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@johnkimcg 

Absolutely....downgrading to the $15 plan won't affect your rewards and is highly unlikely to affect the any bonus add ons you may have (gifted, bonus or promotional.) You may want the insurance of having the $5/500min add on to supplement your 100 outgoing plan minutes. They will roll over every 30 days just waiting to jump in a seemless transition to help out when needed.

Otherwise downloading the fongo or textnow app while on wifi will allow you to make free calls to conserve your outgoing minutes and not waste them to check voicemail or if you anticipate being put on hold. You can also use them on mobile data if needed (0.5mb=1min). To call your voicemail dial your phone number and press "*" once it connects and enter your voicemail pin # to access  your voicemail services.

Don't forget to check back in to the community in early December to see if pm's 4th annual "more the merrier" campaign leaves us more freebie data and international minutes add on gifts under the tree?!!🌲🎁🤪

Rusty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah John, downgrade! I was on the 15/mo plan for a few years. never had an issue. when you switch, just don't switch to the "points" system. It's a borked up forked up system worse than Scene points. All your bonus addons etc will stay as well.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The only thing that will be affected are the data bonuses like 2GB a month etc, which probably doesn't apply to you. Also a lot of ppl have been having issues with plan changes where it doesn't go through correctly, so just make sure the 15 is in there maybe a day before renewal.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You stay on Rewards program as long as you don't opt for Points program....so...don't opt out...ever !

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@johnkimcg   To add to what's already been said, you should also schedule Change at Next Renewal rather than Change Now option as PM doesn't prorate or refund for unused days left in your current cycle.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Yes.

Your rewards are tied up to your account not plan.

You can change plan every 30 days if that suits you and rewards will stay with you. Unless you accidentally change to points...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @johnkimcg  changing plan won't affect your rewards system you are in.  So, you can change plan and you will still be on the old rewards system and enjoy the $5 saving per cycle

Need Help? Let's chat.