cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Koodo

Jitka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning.

I would like to switch my daughter's phone from Koodo to Public Mobile. What are the steps to take? Will it require a new SIM for the phone? Also is it possible to only add one of your plans or add ons to her phone with Koodo operator?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

- Get new PM SIM. Activate SIM, open an account.

Yummy_0-1665506635813.png

- Keep both account active if you plan to transfer (port) her account to PM.

- After activating PM SIM and picking ANY number and AFTER confirming everything works as expected initiate number transfer at Koodo side. Take your time - day or two. Do not talk to Koodo nor close that account!

- When initiating porting put Koodo SIM in her phone. You will very soon (minutes) receive authorization request. Reply Yes withing 90 minutes on that request.

- All done; in a few hours or less your number should be transferred and you can confirm tht putting back PM SIM and calling somebody to see her old number on their display.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is this Koodo prepaid or postpaid? If prepaid then you'll need to activate a new account with a new sim and a new number and then ask support to bring the Koodo prepaid number over.

I don't understand your last question.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Jitka hi yes you need a public sim,the fastest way is to pick one up at a koodo or telus store or if you wnat to wait a few weeks you can order one online here , 2  only one plan per account but you can have more than 1 add on 

Need Help? Let's chat.