cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Freedom

Alicat140
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My boyfriend wants to switch from Freedom to Public Mobile. He currently has a month overdue and the next month due next week. Is he able to transfer his number while owing a month? Or will he have to contact freedom and pay it off before he can transfer? We wanted to take advantage of the $25 referral bonus before it ends

4 REPLIES 4

Rockhopper99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just went through this scenerio with someone from Bell. Yes he should still be able to get setup with public mobile.

Please be sure to do it all online and give the referal number so both of you get the $25 credit. The $25 credit will show up for both of you within 72 hours.

Of course, he will still be responsible to settle his outstanding balance with previous account.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Alicat140, I assume that the Freedom account in question is postpaid and not prepaid, otherwise the service will have stopped.  With that said, it will be possible to activate a service with Public Mobile and port the number from the Freedom account over.  Once this action is taken a final bill will be triggered on the Freedom end with all arrears included.  Whether your boyfriend chooses to pay it or let it go to a collection agency to resolve, that is a personal matter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alicat140 wrote:

My boyfriend wants to switch from Freedom to Public Mobile. He currently has a month overdue and the next month due next week. Is he able to transfer his number while owing a month? Or will he have to contact freedom and pay it off before he can transfer? We wanted to take advantage of the $25 referral bonus before it ends

You could activate a SIM and get the referral and all settled in with Public Mobile and *then* transfer the number over when you're ready.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Alicat140 wrote:

I don't think freedom will let him go with something to pay....Smiley Wink Pay his fee so he can join public mobile!Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.