cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to cheaper plan but "Payment for next cycle" field is cost of old plan...

whiskypancake
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

I switched from a plan that was 50/month to one that is 25/month in the middle of my cycle.

My balance is 0 dollars because I am on autopay.

My plan says that the amount for next cycle is still 50 dollars.

Have a balance of 25 dollars because it prompted me to pay for the new plan.

I'm a little confused here. 

Hoping my next bill should be 0 dollars because I just payed 25 dollars for the month.

What's going on here?

14 REPLIES 14

@chukdefatey wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

You probably don't need it but if you need a little more reassurance here goes...i did something very similar. I had the $40 plan. About a week before my renewal I downgraded to the $15 plan and chose " change plan at next renewal"  my amount owing remained at $38 ($40-$2 Auto Pay reward)

I added to my account $13 +$2 Auto Pay reward credit in my account =$15 balance.  Amount owing still said $38. At some point on renewal day it did change to amount owing $13 because it knows about the $2 Auto Pay reward. Then it did all the weird stuff...expired...suspended.....no worries I just left it alone. Overnight it took the balance which now displayed $0.00. Plan changed to $15 and showed it's features. Auto Pay never kicked in because the balance was enough to cover the amount owing. And Bob's your uncle.

Are you sure Bob's my Uncle. Here I thought all these years he your Uncle. LoL

I have 2 father in laws named Bob and yes I do technically have an uncle Bob.....

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

You probably don't need it but if you need a little more reassurance here goes...i did something very similar. I had the $40 plan. About a week before my renewal I downgraded to the $15 plan and chose " change plan at next renewal"  my amount owing remained at $38 ($40-$2 Auto Pay reward)

I added to my account $13 +$2 Auto Pay reward credit in my account =$15 balance.  Amount owing still said $38. At some point on renewal day it did change to amount owing $13 because it knows about the $2 Auto Pay reward. Then it did all the weird stuff...expired...suspended.....no worries I just left it alone. Overnight it took the balance which now displayed $0.00. Plan changed to $15 and showed it's features. Auto Pay never kicked in because the balance was enough to cover the amount owing. And Bob's your uncle.

Are you sure Bob's my Uncle. Here I thought all these years he your Uncle. LoL

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think you just added money to your account but didnt pay for the new plan you want to switch to

Check and make sure you paid for the plan you want to switch to

And if you are referring to the Self Serve page saying the estimated cost of your next renewal is $50, that is normal. That estimate is based on your current plan and IS NOT adjusted for future dated plan changes. But, it will work out! Your $25 available funds will cover your new $25 plan.

Terry

Anonymous
Not applicable

@whiskypancake wrote:

My plan is changing on my renewal date of Sept. 28th, but I have a 25 dollar credit on my account. I'm guessing I'll just be charged 0 dollars on my renewal date?

You will be charged what your new plan is...the $25. It will get drawn out of your Available Funds that you had put in. You'll be fine. Any hiccups come from autopay on plan changes. You already have sufficient funds. It's normal to see your current plan amount in the amount owing line. It doesn't really know about your scheduled plan until it gets there. Sure yes the site could keep up with that but...

You're good.

pokeguy88

Yes, ok so when you switch plans, you get the option to change immediately and pay for the new plan and your old one stops them and there and your new plan starts effective immediately (IMHO which is silly to do especially when downgrading because you lose the test if the month of the expensive plan that you already paid for!).

OR

Change plan in your next renewal date which is seemingly to be what is currently happening in your situation?

& So then at the end of the month when it renews your new plan@$25 per month will start.

And right now you get to finish using the rest of this month ($50 plan that's remaining).

Jay contact moderators if anything goes wrong but you should be ok b c uz seems like you're changing on next renewal date

@whiskypancake wrote:

My plan is changing on my renewal date of Sept. 28th, but I have a 25 dollar credit on my account. I'm guessing I'll just be charged 0 dollars on my renewal date?

That is correct.  You should not be charged at next renewal date.  

@whiskypancakeI would suggest instead of an auto renewal and downgrade.. change your plan manually a few days before the renewal date as there is a well known bug that if you downgrade AND change plan during renewal, your service might get messed up.

whiskypancake

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@whiskypancake 

Did you do a immediate plan change or at next renewal?  If immediate plan change, you will be charged $25 immediately and plan will also be changed to $25 plan.  Pubic mobile does not pro-rate plan.

If you choose changeat next renewal, then if autopay, it will deduct the $25 plan at next renewal.  If you have $25 positive balance, then it should just renew.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@whiskypancake  if you switched in the middle of your cycle you lost the money for the rest of the 50$ month and you paid 25$ for the next month of your 25$ plan.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@whiskypancake wrote:

Hello everyone,

I switched from a plan that was 50/month to one that is 25/month in the middle of my cycle.

My balance 0 dollars because I am on autopay.

My plant says that the amount for next cycle is still 50 dollars.

Have a balance of 25 dollars because it prompted me to pay for the new plan.

I'm a little confused here. 

Hoping my next bill should be 0 dollars because I just payed 25 dollars for the month.

What's going on here?

You actually haven't changed to a new plan, but just added funds, but you should select plan change for next renewal when you to back to making the plan change.  That way you won't lose for your $50 plan that you've already paid.

Edit: @whiskypancake did you complete the two step process for changing plans?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Your plan should be switched over to the $25 plan and with your payment you should have a balance of $25.

Need Help? Let's chat.