cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched over to points and I LIKE IT but wife doesn't.

Beer
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I was a bit sceptical regarding switching over to the new point system -- but I thought that I would try it on one of  my - (don't want to let go ---still $10 plan). In my opinion the point system is great and allows flexibility in that one may purchase various add ons and even gamble a point or two towards the chance to win prizes. 

😎. My wife however is not on board because she doesn't want to be bothered with it all and prefers to continue having her rewards  automatically applied to her monthly  auto pay.

The PM statement below that I cut and pasted is in my opinion vague.  To me it reads that if one has tried the points system and doesn't like it then they may" opt-out of Public Points" but will not be able to switch back to the point system.

The statement is misleading because,  those that had switched from the old rewards system, may conclude that by opting out of points their plan would  revert back to the original rewards program. 

In view of PM not well thought out statement, that I doubt  was meant to deceive, I think it only fair for PM to allow those that have switched the option to revert back to the old rewards program.

Opting-out -----Our Rewards program, Public Points, is completely free. If you decide that you no longer want to earn points and redeem for exciting items, you can opt-out of Public Points. Once you opt-out, you will not be able to rejoin the program. If you wish to opt-out, contact us here.

101 REPLIES 101

Beer

Still waiting for reply ( 5 months) ha ha ha .................... no point in pursuing - we all know their firm position - no trial period and no.switching back

Beer

@Beer wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Beer 

If you contacted customer support on Sunday the 13th and you had your messages off until the 15th when you replied that you turned them on then that is past the 48 hour window given for a reply before a ticket or message is closed or if you haven't heard from them to send new message or support ticket.

I contacted Jade just yesterday.

Still waiting for reply ( 5 months) ha ha ha .................... no point in pursuing - we all know their firm position - no trial period and no.switching back