cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched over to points and I LIKE IT but wife doesn't.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I was a bit sceptical regarding switching over to the new point system -- but I thought that I would try it on one of  my - (don't want to let go ---still $10 plan). In my opinion the point system is great and allows flexibility in that one may purchase various add ons and even gamble a point or two towards the chance to win prizes. 

😎. My wife however is not on board because she doesn't want to be bothered with it all and prefers to continue having her rewards  automatically applied to her monthly  auto pay.

The PM statement below that I cut and pasted is in my opinion vague.  To me it reads that if one has tried the points system and doesn't like it then they may" opt-out of Public Points" but will not be able to switch back to the point system.

The statement is misleading because,  those that had switched from the old rewards system, may conclude that by opting out of points their plan would  revert back to the original rewards program. 

In view of PM not well thought out statement, that I doubt  was meant to deceive, I think it only fair for PM to allow those that have switched the option to revert back to the old rewards program.

Opting-out -----Our Rewards program, Public Points, is completely free. If you decide that you no longer want to earn points and redeem for exciting items, you can opt-out of Public Points. Once you opt-out, you will not be able to rejoin the program. If you wish to opt-out, contact us here.

101 REPLIES 101

BEER

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @BEER   I think for most of us, giving up Loyalty discount to get Anniversary point is the biggest lost. 

And 5% from spending instead of Autopay $2 is a second lost

For most of us, we are better off on the old system.

Of course I do agree - On a $15 plan ----- 5% = $ 0.75 vs $2.00. Obviously now there is very little incentive to use "auto-pay".  I for one, plan to drop "auto-pay" only on my very seldom used $10 plan and for the time being only top up just before it would suspend in order to keep it from being completely closed. Without PM if I choose I can still text by iMessage and email etc.   ----------- For the time being I will leave my main account as is and as I previously posted my wife will also not switch to points. 

Customers who activated on or after January 25 don't have a choice as the old program is no longer available.

@darlicious "discounted add ons"

Where did you see that offer?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @BEER   I think for most of us, giving up Loyalty discount to get Anniversary point is the biggest lost. 

And 5% from spending instead of Autopay $2 is a second lost

For most of us, we are better off on the old system.

BEER

Yes of course I agree with your math that proves that the existing system is more  $$ beneficial towards monthly renewals. HOWEVER this new point system has  flexibility in allowing us to use rewards towards add-ons and monthly plan costs. I also suspect that PM has decided that we should all be on the point system. Like everything else at first they make it voluntary then as time progresses they will eventually only offer this point system. Take for example the banks and credit card statements. First they tried to shame us into going paperless using the "save the trees" angle. Then they reversed sold paperless by having us find the small print asking to stay with paper statements. And now with some companies paper statements is not an option anymore. Ohhh and let's not forget that initially PM was pushing their $10 plan in order to reel us in and where is it now? ALSO I am told that Customers who activated on or after January 25 don't have a choice as the old program is no longer available.

From past experiences I believe that it's best to go with and take advantage of the flow because it is decided and  fighting it is useless.

below Cut and pasting and quoting a respected Oracle  -

computergeek541 

Oracle Sorry, but as the old rewards program is no longer offered, any switch to points would be permanent.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 

Lol....are you being sarcastic?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

Great that you switched over to the Points system.

It is good if you are planning to use a lot of Add-ones and if you have a $40+ plan.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

I really only see a benefit if a user likes to enter draws and frequently chooses to purchase add-on's. 

For those on the lower priced plans, I'd say they ought to remain on the old rewards program.

Just my honest opinion.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BEER  - actually, you make a good point. Down play the new points system and you will have much better chances on those wins! 😁

Good luck, and I hope you rack up the prizes. 💸

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

Wow! I can see how discounted add ons can help supplement the $10 plan seeing as 10 points ($10) will get you a 1gb data add on of full speed LTE data but you are almost halfway thru your year of $3 per month in loyalty rewards or $36/year. And would have moved to $48/year in the fall and eventually to $60/year. ($60=4×$15/1gb data add ons)

Why would switching to getting 10 points per year for loyalty/anniversary seem better? Now you can redeem for only one 10 point/1gb data add on per year and your autopay if you pay the full $10 each month drops to $6/year in points from $24/year?

In the next year you will recieve $58 less in rewards for your one time buyout of 40 points and 10 points for your loyalty anniversary and your welcome gift of 5 points. 55 points(+6pts?) in exchange for $58 in rewards in the next 12 months.The following 12 months would have earned you $76 in rewards compared to at most now you will recieve is 16 points. Thats $60 less. After that autopay and loyalty rewards=$84 per year compared to at most $16 worth of points.

I hope you are really lucky with the lucky draws!🤔🤞

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

BEER

@esjliv wrote:

@BEER  - It may be nice to hold off to switch all account over to see how things go.

But if you are into the entering for prizes/contests then this sound like it would be good for you.

If you are mainly concerned about $'s savings then I believe (from how I understand it and from what I am reading) it may only be worth it if you are on a $40 or more plan to switch to the new Public Points system.

But, to each their own. 

Yes of course, and I hope that most won't switch over soon in order to increase my chances in winning a brand new iPhone 13. Will let you know and gloat if I do win a new phone. Ha Ha Ha .

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BEER  - It may be nice to hold off to switch all account over to see how things go.

But if you are into the entering for prizes/contests then this sound like it would be good for you.

If you are mainly concerned about $'s savings then I believe (from how I understand it and from what I am reading) it may only be worth it if you are on a $40 or more plan to switch to the new Public Points system.

But, to each their own. 

Need Help? Let's chat.