cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched Rewards Plan then phone plan - will I lose my new points

Geoffrey_Carter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We've been on the old rewards system since we got onto Public Mobile several years ago.  We had a pretty good plan with unlimited Canada/US calling, which is no longer available.  We finally decided to switch plans because 3G is basically unavailable in the US now, rendering part of our plan useless.  At the same time I decided I might as well switch to the new Points Reward system, which I did FIRST.  Then when I switched to the new plan (which won't take effect until December 29th) there was a message on there about losing all my old rewards.  Now I'm worried that all the points I got in switching to the new rewards system will suddenly disappear when my new phone plan takes effect.  Can anyone tell me if my new points are safe?

Thanks,

Geoffrey

10 REPLIES 10

venigab

I won't be surprised if PM will offer VOLTe soon. They keep improving their services.

So far PM is the best.

Don't bet too heavily on roaming talk as you found. The text and data should have been fine. All as long as you were connected to T-Mobile. That became a much coveted plan. Re-think the scheduling of it. Public might come around to offer volte eventually.

Geoffrey_Carter

Yeah, so everyone is telling me 🙄

I guess I should have checked the forum first, huh?

Geoffrey_Carter

Hey dabr,

Oh well.  See my reply to dust2dust re change of plan.  And yes, I did at least figure that much out, switch takes effect at the end of this current billing cycle. (oh yeah, see you saw that....)

Thanks for your comments!

Cheers,

Geoffrey

Geoffrey_Carter

Hi dust2dust,

Yes I did, and the last time we went to Spokane we had zero phone service, because we were on 3G and they are shutting it down there - so yes, very relevent.  Switched to $40/month plan on two phones, so going to save a bundle.  The Add on for International US minutes will last us for ages since we don't call that much (and the people we do call can call us back anyway), and it's no big deal to buy a US Roaming plan when we do go down there, which isn't that often.  So while it might have been a mistake to switch Rewards plans, I'm saving so much otherwise I really don't care about a small difference in rewards.

Cheers,

Geoffrey

Geoffrey_Carter

Hey softech, thanks for the quick reply.  It looked to me that the points rewards were okay, but maybe I just didn't do enough math to figure it all out.  In any event, done is done and I'm not going to worry about it.  I'm going to save so much money on the new plan I wasn't that concerned about a few reward $$.

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should not have switched to the points system. Your points will be fine but will not equal the amount of savings you were getting on the old system.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Geoffrey_Carter    Firstly, DO NOT switch to the new points because you won't be able to go back and most customers switching have regretted their decision.  Uh, huh...I see you already just did!

Your rewards are attached to the account and will not get affected by any plan changes, however, you will not be able to get back to a discontinued plan once you change and PM doesn't include any US calls in their current plans.

Also make sure to select Change at Next Renewal option as PM doesn't prorate/refund for unused days left in the current cycle.  edit:  also you already did 👍

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you have the old $60 roaming plan? If not then the 3G thing in the states is irrelevant to you. Switching to points is irreversible. No regular here would switch.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Geoffrey_Carter why changed to new Public Points?  You will earn less!!

but if you already made the change , it is too late.  You cannot go back

No worry about the message about lossing rewards.   It is about lossing activation bonus.  Some people activated and got 2GB bonus or 12GB bonus for xx months.  It is that kind of activation bonus that will be affected.  Your regular rewards , add-ons won't be affected by plan change

Need Help? Let's chat.