cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Plan Before Porting to Koodo?

hold3n
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan (120/12GB) is about to be billed (March 7th in self-serve but the text from PM says it'll be on the 8th) and from what I understand I won't be compensated for anything that I've already paid when I switch to Koodo...

Is it safe to switch to a cheaper plan while waiting for the SIM card or would it make me ineligible for the plan at Koodo?

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Wonder_whywrote:

@hold3nwrote:

My plan (120/12GB) is about to be billed (March 7th in self-serve but the text from PM says it'll be on the 8th) and from what I understand I won't be compensated for anything that I've already paid when I switch to Koodo...

Is it safe to switch to a cheaper plan while waiting for the SIM card or would it make me ineligible for the plan at Koodo?

@hold3n you can get free Sim at Koodo store

@Wonder_why yes, but if you active in store you only get a $25 referral instead of $100 online.  For me, it was worth the $15 for the SIM card for the extra $60 (net:  $100 - 15  = $85 vs $25) in credit.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hold3nwrote:

@hold3n you can get free Sim at Koodo store

mimmo

@Ludditewrote:

@mimmowrote:

go for it.  you could also try tobuy a sim card tomorrow at a kiosk and then try to do the port online instead of waiting for a sim.  not sure if that factors into the 100$ refer a friend thing...

Had a quick look at Koodo website and do not see how to activate a SIM online?

I was thinking more calling in and trying to activate through a koodo rep. 

@mimmowrote:

@Luddite  who's referal are you handing out?  are you making a comission? 🙂

No such luck! I won't be migrating; it's the only code I know that works. I suspect it will shortly have no value to the account holder as Koodo limits referral rewards.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

If you are close to a koodo store then why not just pick up the sim from the store and activate right away instead of risking it ?

mimmo

@Luddite  who's referal are you handing out?  are you making a comission? 🙂

@mimmowrote:

go for it.  you could also try tobuy a sim card tomorrow at a kiosk and then try to do the port online instead of waiting for a sim.  not sure if that factors into the 100$ refer a friend thing...

Had a quick look at Koodo website and do not see how to activate a SIM online?

mimmo

In your situation I would just turn off autopay and trust Koodo will be quick. If your plan goes into expiry the moderators will likely let you activate a $20 plan to get the number ported.

Several people report activation is quick online BUT there a wait of several days to get the SIM. A kiosk will actually do the activation with your PM number while you wait. 

If you are trying to get the $100 referral credit, you "must" activate online; noone has yet reported what happens if you've registered but activate at a kiosk.. 

Since you will be moving I suggest you register now for whatever referral credit you can get. Here's a liink for that: https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/ZVe2gIi-LGaL8kz or get anyone you know at Koodo to send you one. But register now with the email address you plan to use at Koodo.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@hold3nwrote:

My understanding is that the migration offer is linked to your phone number and your ability to provide the proper code (sent to you in a text?). I don't think that Koodo is going to check with PM what plan you are on (and it would be really troubling if any Koodo rep could just access your actual Public Mobile account!), so I don't see why you should renew on your full $120 plan if you are sure that you are going to switch. Do a future change in your plan page asap so that the system is changing to the new plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.