cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapped phones- Carrier Service cutting in/out

Michlys
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all, 

My phone’s audio stopped working on calls (IPhone 7) so my boyfriend gave me his old  phone (same model). We backed up the phone; I was rushing to go on a trip and all seemed fine until I realized the phone was still locked to Rogers. I just used it for messaging when I was on WiFi, and a few days later we contacted Rogers to unlock it which they did.

The service keeps cutting in and out, from full bars to no service at all. When Public Mobile pops up, if I go into the phone settings the network says “Public Mobile”, but the carrier says “Rogers 46.0”. I contacted them again but they reassured me it is unlocked. When I put the SIM card back into the old phone it has service and the carrier service says “Public Mobile 46.0”.

What should I do??

2 REPLIES 2

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Michlys wrote:

Hello all, 

My phone’s audio stopped working on calls (IPhone 7) so my boyfriend gave me his old  phone (same model). We backed up the phone; I was rushing to go on a trip and all seemed fine until I realized the phone was still locked to Rogers. I just used it for messaging when I was on WiFi, and a few days later we contacted Rogers to unlock it which they did.

The service keeps cutting in and out, from full bars to no service at all. When Public Mobile pops up, if I go into the phone settings the network says “Public Mobile”, but the carrier says “Rogers 46.0”. I contacted them again but they reassured me it is unlocked. When I put the SIM card back into the old phone it has service and the carrier service says “Public Mobile 46.0”.

What should I do??

@Michlys with the Public Mobile SIM inside the phone perform a RESET of the Network Settings.

Then reboot.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Michlys  did you try connecting your phone to the computer to get the latest software update as well as downloading carrier profile?

1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart.

Need Help? Let's chat.