cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspended account - won't accept payment

Leaving
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Quick summary:   I have two credit cards - one a loadable CC and the other is a Visa Debit.   I accidentally forgot not to take $ out of my Visa debit account - to pay for something else and there wasn't enough funds - that's the one that is automatically withdrawn by PM.

Rather than go to the bank and deposit the required $$, I tried paying via my reloadable CC - which switched from Visa to MC - Public Mobile won't take the MasterCard. 

I found some posts of ppl having trouble who use MasterCard.

I remember problems with Public Mobile before.   If nothing goes wrong - it is fine but the minute you have issues - PM is pure hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I left b4 because of the problems.   There's no PERSON to talk to - you need to use this community and I know lots of ppl who refuse to because they want actual Customer Service ppl to call.

My account is suspended now so now I have to go to my bank to deposit $$ and HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO RESUME SERVICE????    This is really annoying.   If PM wants customers, fix these simple problems!   How can you not accept MC or at least fix it!   There's obvious problems if this has been going on three FRIGGIN' YEARS!!!

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Leaving - so where are you at currently? Did you manage to add funds to your account? If so, you will need to My Account here: https://telusidentity.telus.com/as/authorization.oauth2?response_type=code&client_id=cc26d3b9-3370-4...

and select the Reactivate button.

If funds are still showing owing, then make a manual payment to cover what is owing, and Reactivate account.

OR,

Vouchers can be added to accounts via 611 and My Account; here is where you can get some: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Leaving   Visa Debit should would without problem.  Please try to use Incognito/Private/Secret mode again to make change to the payment card.  If it works, make a payment and service will resume

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Koho changed over to Mastercard and it changed fine in the account for me. But that doesn't help you of course.

I would suggest going to recharge.com and buy a voucher and use 611 to enter it and that will reactivate the account. Then you have time with working service to figure out the problem.

Leaving
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No, I didn't.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Leaving 

PM should take Canadian & American MC.

Did you clear the cache, cookies and go incognito on your browser?

You need to do this first because there is a cache issue on their website.

Let us know if you need more help.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Leaving wrote:

My account is suspended now so now I have to go to my bank to deposit $$ and HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO RESUME SERVICE????    This is really annoying.   If PM wants customers, fix these simple problems!   How can you not accept MC or at least fix it!   There's obvious problems if this has been going on three FRIGGIN' YEARS!!!

@Leaving   you meant you are going to load the money into the loadable cc?  Once you loaded the money you can try to use either *611 or My Account to make a manual payment to resume service. it is pretty much instant.  Maybe with a device reboot

Or if you are out already, you can go to SDM/711/London Drug/Shell and buy a voucher.  Vouchers from these place can be used immediately.  You can then use *611 or My Account to load the voucher to resume service

Need Help? Let's chat.