cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Spell Checker ON by Default when Writing/Replying to Thread

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi everyone, 

I noticed that when writing a reply or posting a new question on our forum the system does not spell check automatically. We have to click on the spell checking icon on the toolbar. If it's not too much trouble I would like to suggest auto spell checking so that most users don't have to manually do that. 

Thank you 🙂

6 REPLIES 6

terrif
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for posting!  I was wondering about a spell check.  I am new to PM and made a few posts that definitely have some spelling errors.  It would be nice to have to completed automatically but not a necessity!  

sahands
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

my chrome browser has built in spell checker, but this forum does not allow it to be enabled, better scripting is required.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Cheetah24 wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I noticed that when writing a reply or posting a new question on our forum the system does not spell check automatically. We have to click on the spell checking icon on the toolbar. If it's not too much trouble I would like to suggest auto spell checking so that most users don't have to manually do that. 

Thank you 🙂

With us being such a multi-cultural country I am not sure the spell check would help.  With English being a second or third language for some people their posts on here are hard to follow but we do get to their needs and are able to help them.  With an autocorrect or spell check it may change the intent of the post so much that the OP also can't even recognize it as the question they have asked.

We deal with the errors and do our best to help everyone.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Given so many other things that is more critical that remains broken in virtual perpetuity, I would call this a "first world problem".  

Korade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Suds,

If you're using Chrome or Firefox, you can download add-ons to help with that. I'm not sure if naming specific ones is permitted, but a quick Google search will show you some popular ones.

Good luck,

Korade

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Maybe it's just me, but I actually prefer not to use spellcheckers or any autocorrect functions on any of my devices when I'm writing anything shorter than an essay.  If that means I have to take a bit longer to double check my work, I'm okay with that.

Need Help? Let's chat.