cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly, phone number is locked, can not call out, and can not call in. PLEASE HELP !!!

yi8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeasday, someone called my phone number and said Public Mobile asigned my phone number to her, I do not believe it, since I used my phone number in Public Mobile for almost half year without issue. Then She said she will suspend this number.

How come a customer can suspend my phone number ?  Please help, now I can not call out and call in. This is ridiculous

10 REPLIES 10

yi8

It is so sad, my phone was down for two days, and no customer support phone number I can reach to resolve my issue. Only thing I can do is waiting here, and hope public mobile MOD can reply my private message.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
This is rare but it can unfortunately happen with any carrier, kinda scary really. I wonder which company she's with, they shouldn't have let the port go through, that's for sure. That's why port info is so important.

Telus has also done something similar to me, as well.  I have a phone number that is originally from Telus Mobility and years ago, I ported it out to Rogers Wireless.  I had actually been using the phone number already for about 3 years, when all of a sudden I started receiving calls for another person. I told them that they had dialed the wrong number.  A few minutes later, I received a call from Telus Mobility technical support and I found out that Telus somehow managed to assign my phone number to a new customer even though it was already in service.  Telus appologized to me and told me it was their mistake and that the other person would have to choose a new phone number. 

yi8

Sent private message to   already. Usually I find it will get quick resolution by send mesasge to MOD instead of contacting tech team.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

This sounds like someone has typed the wrong number for a port, and unfortunately it was allowed to happen, when clearly they were not the authorized person to port.

i had a similar problem with my Bell landline when I bought my first home in 2000.  I don't know if number porting was available back then, but Bell activated another persons phone number for my landline, I had the work order stating the number.

They had to reverse that, and issue a new number to me.

Accidents happen it seems, I hope this is corrected quickly for you.

ben10nnery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ok, definately something for the mods or tech team to check out. I would contact them if you haven't already.

yi8

all phone call doesn't work, all SMS doesn't work and even my data plan doesn't work. 

ben10nnery

Does anything else besides calling not work on your phone? When did this happen?

This is something the mods or the Technical Team would have to take a look at.

Here's info on how to private message a mod: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Or you can contact the tech team directly by clicking on "Get Help" on the top right of your screen. It may take a bit of time as they are busy doing maintenance this weekend!

yi8

My plan is 90 days plan, and just renew at Oct 05.

ben10nnery

This is probably an issue the mods or for the support team (contact form). When was the last time you topped up your caccount balance?

Need Help? Let's chat.