cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly no Data and cannot make calls. Asks to call *611

omin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I've been using Public Mobile for almost a year now and it just suddenly stopped working today. The "amount due" is $0 on the website so it doesn't seem like there was a problem with the payment. Even if there was, Public Mobile shouldn't stop the service just like that... Very frustrating.

22 REPLIES 22

ellenyw
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think my problem was that I wanted to change plans on a renew date (so autopay was deducted) but they were confused and were asking for the funds for the more expensive plan I had previously. It was finally fixed after messaging two mods.

CinnaBuns

Did Public Mobile tell you what the root cause was?   I am experiencing this exact same issue.

CinnaBuns

Is it fixed yet?  what was the root cause?    I am experiencing this exact same issue.

CinnaBuns

I am experiencing the exact same issue.  Is it fixed now?   If so what was the root cause?

CinnaBuns

I am getting this exact same issue.  There is a $50 payment sitting in my account, but the balance due is showing $0.00.  It is saying the next due date is August 30th, but there is no service on my phone now for 2 days.  Please reply with the root cause for this issue.  This has happened before.

Echofoxtrot

I know you are trying to be helpful but, I have a chain of letters with mods.  

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Echofoxtrot,

As said by srlawren, please send to us a Private Message.

For more information about how to use the Community service, please refer to this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Changes-to-our-Support-structure/m-p/16....

Cheers

Abdoulaye

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi srlawren,

Thank you for your feedback. That's my mistake.

Cheers

Abdoulaye

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CS_Agent wrote:

In case to work into your account, you need to provide the current Public Mobile account or PIN number for security reason. Otherwise, you can provide 3 of many following information: Date of Birth, Address with Postal Code, Home or business contact number, Commonly called numbers or text messages (SMS), Last top-up amount and the date, Last booster purchased and the date, SIM card number or Email address.

@Echofoxtrot please make sure you do so via a private message to the moderator_team, not via a public reply here.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Echofoxtrot

Having the same issue, balance in account is positive, and still no service.  Setup Autopay.  Been like this for two days.  Need phone to work this is such a waste of time and test of patience.  

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ellenyw bear in mind, you're grandfathered in and not paying the new prices unless you explicitly change your plan for some reason, which would lose the grandfathered plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ellenyw

yeah idk anymore, very tempted to switch as well, especially since they changed the data offerings to LTE and 3G tiers. PM isn't really worth it anymore 😕

omin

Yes, I did everything that was mentioned above. I remembered that my credit card expired a couple months ago and I thought maybe the credit card number was not updated in time. I didn't want to wait days for a moderator to get back to me so I manually added funds to my account even though I had auto-pay enabled and the "amount due" was showing $0.

This solved my problem.

Oligrassi
That's weird hahahahahaha Lol
I live with it since I got this telus
Service

Oligrassi
You can try what ever you want
It's public mobile glitch
I live with it. Every month when plan renews
My phone is off for 2 days and after I email them
They resume service. Thumbs up for telus
Harrasing Canadians

Oligrassi
If I tell you that it happens to me every month
And even now as I'm replying you. I'm tired and exhausted of this service. Every month I'm out of phone for 2 days and I'm waiting that someone reads my email and resume my service. I'm going Chatr or Fido next month. That's it.

syndicat3

Same issue happened to me, data just dropped randomly.

Restarting the phone fixed it.

Removing the SIM, cycling wireless, data and airplane modes did not have any impact.

ellenyw

The same thing happened to me too, very frustrating as it's been a day and my payments should go through since I'm on autopay. 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Hi @omin,

Have you tried troubleshooting a bit?

have you tried your sim in another unlocked phone?

have you tried turning off your phone, removing sim, reinsert sim and turn the phone back on?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@omin, that is very weird. 

You will need to message a MOD for assistance, click on this link Moderator Team
to send a private message .
In your message please include:
* PM account email address
* SIM card number(if available)
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.