cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden inability to receive or send files

pubmonewbie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This may have started on Wednesday 29th, but I'm having issues with sending or receiving image files on my Samsung A53. No issues for years, then I'm suddenly unable to send pics or open them, they show up as little "Tap to download" notifications and when I try to send, it spins a while then I get a notification "Not sent, tap to try again"

I have looked at a few similar posts in Community and nothing is jumping out at me, any solutions? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

pubmonewbie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been reading online, reading older threads on this issue, dumped my cache, spent time looking through my phone settings. It was the restart that worked, I am guessing something happened with the last system update but whatever it was, a simple restart and suddenly I'm sending/receiving MMS again.

Thank you for your suggestions, really appreciate it.

Do you turn on mobile data? MMS requires cell data to be on. Some phones do this automatically. Maybe something has changed on the phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@pubmonewbie are you using RCS? you tried reboot the phone? Tried on Wifi?  Account active and mobile data working?

try to clear app cache for the messagimg app.  Try install different message app.  If the Google Message app is not used yet., test that out, it is good

Need Help? Let's chat.