cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on Getting my Number Ported to PM

Jordan-
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up with Public Mobile last week to transfer my number/plan from Virgin. I ordered a sim card and subscribed to a plan.

I added my sim card to my phone to set things up a few days ago and received an email from Public saying 'Welcome' and 'Your transferred number: my number'.

Apparently I was supposed to receive a text from Virgin to confirm the port out. I did not see that or did not wait long enough to get it. So now I'm in limbo. Virgin is telling me that I need to confirm the port out within 90 minutes of the request but I can't get Public Mobile to make the request (I've tried several times each day to chat with an agent but they are always full. A submitted ticket two days ago hasn't been answered yet)

Any ideas on what to do here? Any way that I can do this without going through a PM service agent? Can I call TELUS to help?

When I try to use the app or my account on the PM website, I get stuck on a 'Confirm Full Access' page. It won't let me bypass unless I can receive a text and confirm my number (which I obviously can't do at the moment).

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

@Jordan-they lied to you maybe try again . I give lots of people that number and it works . Even thou we are supposed to use the online support for any account issues so here’s the link to them also 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Jordan-
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the quick response @Handy The TELUS representative from that number said they don't handle Public Mobile. Is there another number that you can think of?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jordan-  I will send you the porting team number private message . And they can re trigger the port request for you 

add check here for the number @Jordan- 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Need Help? Let's chat.