cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange incoming call/voice mail behaviour

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I got a call from unknown numbers and as usual did not pick it up.

Call ended up in voice mail. Issue is I did NOT access my voice mail at all (not through mobile nor landline) but PM shows like I did. WHAT is going on? My phone shows that I called vmail which I definitely did NOT!

Meow_0-1659799780156.png

14 REPLIES 14

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

Well for you nothing because you are in the eastern time zone.....if you are in any other time zone you could easily distinguish between calls you make to voicemail from your device and those that are forwarded to voicemail. Your calls (or my calls) would be time stamped in local time whereas forwarded calls were time stamped at eastern time.

@hTideGnow wrote:

@Meow   so, is the no VM trick broken now?  did you try to call you? did the call send to voicemail in the end?

VM trick is not broken. It works perfectly for my need.

@darlicious wrote:

@Meow 

I'm just amazed that you have been a customer this long and only noticed this now.

Haha, I am surprise too

And honest, what was the difference between my original reply than esjliv's?

@Meow   so, is the no VM trick broken now?  did you try to call you? did the call send to voicemail in the end?

If the VM trick is broken.  Disable them all first and reapply

@darlicious wrote:

@Meow 

I'm just amazed that you have been a customer this long and only noticed this now. Time stamps have changed in the new self serve. Connected calls and calls to voicemail by the customer using their device used to be in local time. Texts and calls forwarded to voicemail used to be in the eastern time zone. Now texts are the correct local time and calls are +/-time zones from eastern ahead of time (i think i have to check again?). Data usage updates are all over the 24 hour clock?!!

What my observation has to do with time stamp???? I do not care about time stamp at all. Nobody but spammers are leaving voice mails in my box. Anyway, with 'disable' vmail trick I will not get any vmails ever.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

I'm just amazed that you have been a customer this long and only noticed this now. Time stamps have changed in the new self serve. Connected calls and calls to voicemail by the customer using their device used to be in local time. Texts and calls forwarded to voicemail used to be in the eastern time zone. Now texts are the correct local time and calls are +/-time zones from eastern ahead of time (i think i have to check again?). Data usage updates are all over the 24 hour clock?!!

Hi @Meow , You didnt agree earlier.  But  you tested it and what I said was right?  Just like what @esjliv said after????

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

It would be nice if the people calling to our voicemails did not describe it as "Outgoing" calls.

Call it "System" or "Voicemail", or something like that.

With regards to the display in the detail usage, now that I look again, this is what I can summarize below.

I did all these calls probably within 10 minutes of each or less.

Actual outgoing calls registered on my details about an hour later then I actually made them, but calling my voicemail from another line was near immediate. Both are listed as Outgoing.

durationTimeactionmethod of callingDelayPlan Minutes used
Outgoing Call00:25 Min6:01 PMMaking an outgoing call using public mobile deviceabout 1 hour+ later1
Outgoing Call00:21 Min5:45 PMRetrieving my voicemail I just left myselfusing public mobile deviceabout 1 hour later1
Outgoing Call01:17 Min4:40 PMCalling my voicemailcalling from another linetime zero0

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Yes, @esjliv  I did the same test. Called from different phone, left vmail. Usage report shows outgoing call to vmail number.

Meow_0-1659819381016.png

Downloaded usage report and it shows my number as originating number to vmail number.

Called vmail from my cell but so far do not see deduction of 1min. Maybe it is timing or refresh issue, not that it matters. Call to vmail was less than 1min; maybe that plays some role in rounding up usage.

Anyway, thanks for responses. I still considering this as strange occurrence.  Not to sweat the small stuff, I applied 'disable vmail' trick so nobody can leave vmail. Anyway it is all spammers calling my cell.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Meow  -  that is someone call you and going to voicemail...so, did you have any voice message from it? 

I just called myself from a different line and directed it to voicemail, it shows as an outgoing call to my voicemail:

esjliv_0-1659815011802.png

I still had my same amount of plan minutes used before and after I left that message.

Then, I used my public mobile device to retrieve the voicemail.

It took a few minutes, but I see the reduction of 1 minute from my overall plan minutes. So, no change there.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Do you watch your minutes left, that closely to see a 2 minute reduction?

@Meow it will show as outgoing on your usage but it is also confirmed that it won't count towards your outgoing mins bucket if you are on $13 plan.

Test it out yiurself.  Call  yourself from landline not pick up the call, let it routed to VM

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @Meow calls that forwarded into voice mail when not picked up will show as Outgoing calls on the usage log.  Reason  is that the call already rang on your end and your phone send it over to VM  so, it is kinda like outgoing 

Sorry, but cannot agree. When call is sent to vmail that call is not counted against your minutes since I did NOT call vmail.

This never happened before and non of redirected calls to vmail were never counted as 'outgoing calls'.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Meow calls that forwarded into voice mail when not picked up will show as Outgoing calls on the usage log.  Reason  is that the call already rang on your end and your phone send it over to VM  so, it is kinda like outgoing 

Need Help? Let's chat.