cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop payment on ex boyfriends account

Snaps93
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My ex’s phone plan is linked to my debit card. How would I go about stopping that payment? I do not have access to his account as he changed the password. 

7 REPLIES 7

Typhon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's a no brainer -----Simply just call your bank and stop payment from your bank account to Public Mobile.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Snaps93 wrote:

My ex’s phone plan is linked to my debit card. How would I go about stopping that payment? I do not have access to his account as he changed the password. 

@Snaps93  , if he will not remove your bank card from his account & if a Public Mobile CSA won’t help you when you submit a support ticket asking them to (they may not be able to due to it is not your account) then go to your bank & talk to them. You may need to have them issue you a new bank card (cancel current bank card) with different numbers! Thats all I can think of. Sorry.

You can send a private message to Customer Support Agents by clicking here.

Watch for a response back from a CSA in your Community private mailbox at the top right of this page which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Edit: Due to errors it took forever to post my reply! There were only 2 responses when I posted 15 minutes ago but it kept giving me errors causing it to take much longer! Sorry!

@hTideGnow  You're thinking that the card remains on file in the account? In which case seems the only effective options are:

1. cancel card and get replacement 
  2. do the chargeback

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Hi @softech  @Handy1 

both ways wont' work

1. disable, the boy friend can login and enable it back.  

2. pause card, OP mentions it is a debit card, I am not sure if it can be paused, plus boyfriend can login and make a payment manually again

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Snaps93 

You have no access to his My Account?  are you two on good terms?  If so, you need to ask him to update the card to a different one

if you two are not good , then just call the bank to make a charge back.  He will loss his phone service immediately and he need to work with PM to pay by voucher for 12 months as a "penalty".  But this is a nasty way

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Snaps93  if you know the payment date , you could pause your credit card the night before causing the account to suspend for 90 days with no more charges and the account will close out after 90 days automatically and then un pause the credit card the following day after renewal or simply replace your card and updat your info on all other websites .. pain in the butt if he’s being difficult 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Snaps93   the proper way is the ask him to login to his My Account, go to Payment & addon  page and the Manage Subscription  and the disable "Subscribed"

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-payment/manage-subscriptionhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-payment/manage-subscription

but you still have to open ticket with support to delete the card, or he can easily enable it back

Need Help? Let's chat.