cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen sim/ reactivating account

Mrbubblehead72
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was traveling in Europe and was using a European sim card. My wallet containing my public mobile sim was lifted on the metro.

I reported it as lost/stolen. When I arrived to Canada I purchased a new sim car. Logged into my account and used the change sim function. However my account still says that my account is closed/stolen. I have tried to reactivate service through the lost/stolen phone link but it just churns.

Any help would be appreciated

8 REPLIES 8

Mrbubblehead72

Thanks everyone. 

So yes the not restarting my services appeared to be a browser issue. Switched browsers and that worked to get my call and text working.

After far too long I realized I had my mobile Data turned off to avoid roaming charges when I returned to Canada. I'm blaming jet lag for missing that one. 

Thanks for the help. And for anyone that finds this issue definitely try a second browser and also make sure your data is on.

Well you are halfway there then. The troubleshooting above should get you all the way there. If still an issue reply back in the thread

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mrbubblehead72  Go back to the Change SIM function and compare the digits showing in your account to those on your new SIM. If different do the change again; if the same contact the CSAs as the change was not completed. 

Hi @Mrbubblehead72 But call works?

If voice works, the rest should come soon.  try reboot or re-seat the sim

Data, Check My Account to see if you have data still

@Mrbubblehead72 

Try rebooting your phone and also check if your cellular network is set on PM.

Mrbubblehead72

After some patience my account now shows as active yet I am unable to send texts or use data. Any further suggestions

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Mrbubblehead72 hi did you click on the lost/stolen reactivate? try clearing your cache change browser try incognito mode go back into your account and try again  if that doesn't help contact a customer service agent through simon mention help change sim Click here 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mrbubblehead72  Yes, you should have go to the Plan and Add-ons page, Lost/Stolen Phone and click Resume/Reactivate service.

If that is completed, you can go back to Change SIM Card

If that does not work, try to use a different browser or Incognito mode.  Sometimes it's only a browser issue

If none of these work, please open a ticket with PM Support, they can certainly help:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.