cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen reward

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well the plot thickens with Koodo Mobile in Oshawa.  First they charged extra for the sim card, then the VIP service to port was an extra charge and NOW I find out my monthly referral reward is going to someone else which could only be the store employee filling out the port request online even thought my referral code was given to him.  I've given all the info (store employees name on the bill and they have the phone number of where MY reward is going) to the mods so we'll see what they can do about reward theft.  I'm beginning to regret referring someone.  

22 REPLIES 22

Lar

Thanks everyone for all your comments.  I need to rest of a week after this, lol.  Cheers

Well I'm  here I agree with @Anonymous  about the text back before porting as protection against SIM jacking.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

They are certainly living up to their new slogan "We're for you.." I'm thrilled I made the decision to switch to public mobile and I hope you and your friend are as well after all is said and done.

When they implement a texted acknowledgment reply of a port request then I'll buy in to that "We're for you" mantra.

@Lar  I'm happy to hear your friend with your help have been able to finally resolve the issues surrounding your friends activation. As poor as the service that was recieved at koodo im equally impressed with the great service that public mobile provided to rectify the wrongs created by koodo. @Alan_K personal interest in providing a positive outcome from such a negative experience and ensuring that the moderators came up with a plan that satisfied any of your friends concerns that she may have had with her initial activation is commendable.      

Additionally you were rewarded with your much deserved referral reward for being a true friend by being the point man between all the parties involved. I like to promote that public mobile has great customer service and when I see them go above and beyond my expectations (which can be demanding) and show their customer service commitment to genuinely caring about each and every one of their customers it warms my heart.

They are certainly living up to their new slogan "We're for you.." I'm thrilled I made the decision to switch to public mobile and I hope you and your friend are as well after all is said and done.

Excellent work! @Alan_K  and @CS_Agent   Bravo on a job well done....I'm proud of you!

Lar

PM has solved the misdirected referral reward.  Friends account needed to be close and a new one created so whoever was getting the credit has lost it.  I guess we'll never know where it was going but I have a good guess and as someone suggested I did write a google review of the Koodo store.   Cheers

@Lar

Thanks for the update on this ongoing saga of shockingly poor service from koodo. As this is the third time I've heard of similar circumstances when activating with koodo. Even worse is koodo management's response in two of these cases involving an employee "stealing" referrals from customers to use on either their account with public mobile or a friend or family members account. They seemingly condone this behavior among their employees which to me shows they foster a workplace environment that values dishonesty and greed over pride of product and company.

Although koodo remains a retail partner of public mobile and obviously remains a telus company they are not required to follow the public mobile mantra of no activation fees and @Alan_K  has said that refunds /credits to reimburse these fees are no longer possible. These seems to be a case similar to individual Wal-Mart locations refusing to sell SIM cards without an activation. All members should be aware of koodos policy of charging fees for activations and their employees can be underhanded and dishonest (it's too bad koodo allows all their employees be soured by a couple of bad apples but thats what happens if you don't pick them out and get rid of them!)

Unlike fido who will try to rip you off once you become a customer it appears koodo will just try to rip you off if you choose to become a public mobile customer. It is best to activate at home online or with the many other retail partners and authorized dealers of public mobile who offer excellent customer service and have honest, informed and reputable employees such as London drugs, the mobile shop and wow mobile or local small businesses such as go mobile repair and Apple and Berry located in Vancouver. These retailers deserve our support for their service and dedication to upholding the policies and values that public mobile promotes.

Lar

Sorry to confuse everyone so I'll try and clear it up.  My FRIEND (not mother) picked up a Public Mobile SIM card at a Koodo store and the extra charges were finally delt with by mods on this form so that part is complete.

But the employee who did the porting from Koodo to Public Mobile in the store did not use my referral code which was given to him.  Instead another one was used so my $1 monthly referral credit is going somewhere else. Mods have confirmed that yes someone is getting my referral credit. So the question becomes, is the employee so dumb he can't type in the referral number provided or did he intent to scoop a little extra bonus each month for himself or a family member. Do it often enough and someone gets their phone bill covered.

I will update when I hear anything.  I hope this clears things up.  Thanks group, Cheers

iPhoneUser

@Lar wrote:

@iPhoneUser   I got lost on the "mother" comment myself since it's my orginal post and I never mentioned my deceast mother. 

The other thought I had was sarcasm from @kselmak ?

Tony_Xu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry to hear that!

@Jb456 wrote:

I believe it pertains to his other thread a few weeks ago ....

Thanks @Jb456 @for clearing that up. Good memory (and searching skills!).

I suspect @Lar is out of luck with the Porting Fee as I assume a store can charge what they want if they choose to charge a fee. But if not receiving the $1/30 day refer a friend credit even though the friend received their one time $10 credit, something is wrong. But a glitch that was cleared up WAS mentioned in the first topic so I would put my suspicions on that being the problem with the lack of $1 credits as well.

AE_Collector

@Anonymous wrote:

lol Maybe an Oracle might wish to combine threads from Lar so that the conversation flows.

Yes definitely. Always nice to keep one subject all together in one discussion. I've been totally lost reading this until @Jb456 posted the link to the first half of the story (thanks) which I DO recall reading in January.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector 

I believe it pertains to his other thread a few weeks ago ( link below)

He referred a friend and the Koodo mobile store charged a "vip fee" to port or activate sim. Then referral was also missing.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/How-soon-for-referral-reward/td-p/492936

Another assumption I had was that @Lar meant to say Public Mobile, not Koodo. I have seen others mix the two TELUS sub brand names up before. But.... Maybe @Lar  actually is referring to Koodo? Do they have a similar referral rewards system to PM? If so, does @Lar have a phone with each provider (thus is here on the PM community as well) and just chose to tell us about his Koodo experience here?

Told you I was lost from the get go! It didn't take bringing up his mother to get me to this point.

AE_Collector

Lar

@iPhoneUser   I got lost on the "mother" comment myself since it's my orginal post and I never mentioned my deceast mother. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Lar , ouch that stinks. That isn't the first word I would actually say.

Shame on Koodo Mobile in Oshawa. I would write up a Google review on them if your mom hasn't sorted it out with that retail store and our moderators. Your experience could mean lost revenue when other people read your story. 

VIP service to port was an extra charge? Really? I came from Fido to Public Mobile, and I did everything online. I was a bit skeptical, but, it was relatively painless. Maybe I was lucky that day? 

Yes, the moderator could likely change that referral and maybe  Public Mobile needs to write up proper documentation on how to set up and port over to Public Mobile properly. I am guessing, the employee at Koodo may be new in his/her job. A turnover issue means, the right staff member has no clue what he/she is doing. Hence, the halting the process. 

Once, you are all set up, referring your link is quite simple.  You copy and paste this:

Sharing is caring!
Tell your friends to use this code XOXOXO or link when they activate with Public Mobile. 

It would be easier if they do it themselves because I find the staff at other stores have no clue. And with the community, you are better to have the answers come from people who been where you are and are more than happy to help you succeed. 

My initial thought was this part of the discussion had been surgically removed from another unrelated topic. But that was mainly because of the mother comment. Always a mystery of one type or another taking place around here.....

AE_Collector 

Anonymous
Not applicable

lol Maybe an Oracle might wish to combine threads from Lar so that the conversation flows.

Edit: went looking...maybe I'm hallucinating again. I'm sure I saw something about this sometime earlier.

iPhoneUser

I got lost on the “mother” part. 

I became lost at the Koodo part of this discussion.

AE_Collector

@kselmak wrote:

Hi @Lar 

Have your mother contact mods with your referral, mods will sort it out.

Clerks do mistype, this shouldn't be the first time if you look through history here you will see couple of wrong addresses as login. 

There is also autofill which is I saw every time I was activating at the store, pretty much every field except the credit card.

To be honest I think it's a bit too risky to take a reward as there are many customers who still come without referral, so that would be much better option.

If your mother contacts them and gives the correct referral they will honor it. People have mistyped the phones for referrals let alone the codes.

And if it is the te theft, then it's probably not the first nor the last one with that person and it's a matter of time until they're cought

But let's hope it's not and everything works out.

Best luck

This autofill explains why customers activating in store must create their self-serve account later. In effect, an account with no personal info is created.

"You will need a Self-Serve account if you activated with one of our retailers." is noted under Creating a Self-Serve Account: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Community-and-Self-Serve-Accounts/ta-p...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Lar 

Have your mother contact mods with your referral, mods will sort it out.

Clerks do mistype, this shouldn't be the first time if you look through history here you will see couple of wrong addresses as login. 

There is also autofill which is I saw every time I was activating at the store, pretty much every field except the credit card.

To be honest I think it's a bit too risky to take a reward as there are many customers who still come without referral, so that would be much better option.

If your mother contacts them and gives the correct referral they will honor it. People have mistyped the phones for referrals let alone the codes.

And if it is the te theft, then it's probably not the first nor the last one with that person and it's a matter of time until they're cought

But let's hope it's not and everything works out.

Best luck

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Wow @LarI hope it all works out for you. And the sales associates get his just rewards.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Wow. Sorry for all your troubles.

Keep us posted on how moderators deal with this issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.